Honored Contributor

Re: So I got this ring from Gem Shopping

@SANNA wrote:

Sounds amazing!!!!! Wear it in good health. Burmese rubies are my favorite!

Please, post pictures.

I do not have this channel ( fortunately) lol

There is live straming of this on the computer. 24 hours a day. So you don't have to watch just on TV. Just google Gem shopping network.  There is a live link to watch.

Honored Contributor

One and a half ounces of metal in a ring?  I think you need to recheck that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

One and a half ounces of metal in a ring?  I think you need to recheck that.

I did.  I was wrong.  Total weight of diamonds are 1.33 Carats. Ruby is 1 caret and a little over.  gram weight of platinum is 11.30   It is a heavy ring.  My finger is not weighted down, but yes you know you are wearing it. The band is fat. There is a reason too that it looks better then my diamonique...it stated on the apprasal as "near colorless". I didn't notice that.   Measurement is 6.60 X 6.16 X 3.00mm.  I have no idea what that means. But it seems the mounting has to be worth more then the ruby.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We only get that station in the around 2am and only for a couple of hours.  Sometimes I just like looking at their jewelry but if I was going to pay a few thousand for a piece of serious jewelry, I'm not going to buy it from them.  I'm not going to buy it sight unseen.  And I know I wouldn't buy something if I didn't know that they were talking about.  E2 as at treatment could very well mean fissure filled.  Which you would NOT want if you paid serious money.  Which could explain why your ruby is transparent.  Reasonably priced rubies usually aren't transparent unless they are fissure filled or otherwise treated.  As far as I know, jewelers still aren't required to disclose that information.  It sounds like a beautiful ring so why are you afraid to wear it?  Is it so expensive looking that you are afraid people might think it's fake?  If that's the reason, I can relate to it.  My husband bought me a 3ct diamond anniversary band 10 years ago (from Jtv) and I really never wear it.  It's just "too much" for everyday wear and we don't go to fancy places and events.