Honored Contributor

Sliding Bead Bracelet

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have one of the line bracelets with the adjustable sliding bead?   I got one and the bead moves around by itself as I move,  driving me crazy.   I'm constantly having to adjust it.   Does anyone else have one,  and is it satisfactory or do I have a dud?  Like this.....

159-418.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just bought my third adjustable bracelet and I'm sure I will buy more.  I love them and I have not had a problem with the bead sliding down.  Mine stays where I put it.  Bracelets are challenge for me because my ideal size is 7 3/4 which is impossible to find.  7 1/2 is a tad too tight and 8 is too loose but I have to go with the 8.  Also, I have a hard time clasping my bracelets myself and I genrally forget to ask hubby to do it for me before he leaves.  Right now, I have three Bella Luce bracelets in yellow gold and rose gold over silver and in silver.  I want a multi gemstone one for my birthday in the spring. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

I have one slider bracelet and the slider bead is hard to move and stays put where you place it. I think the beads are lined with a silicone liner so the bead slides over the box chain.

It does sound like your bracelet is defective.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I just bought my third adjustable bracelet and I'm sure I will buy more.  I love them and I have not had a problem with the bead sliding down.  Mine stays where I put it.  Bracelets are challenge for me because my ideal size is 7 3/4 which is impossible to find.  7 1/2 is a tad too tight and 8 is too loose but I have to go with the 8.  Also, I have a hard time clasping my bracelets myself and I genrally forget to ask hubby to do it for me before he leaves.  Right now, I have three Bella Luce bracelets in yellow gold and rose gold over silver and in silver.  I want a multi gemstone one for my birthday in the spring. 

@chrystaltree    Have you tried using a Bracelet Buddy to clasp your bracelet?  They sell them on Amazon and many other places.  They used to sell them on QVC, but I haven't checked to see if they still do. They're great.  I can't clasp my bracelets by myself either, and these really work.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree

You can use a piece of scotch tape to tape the ring end (place tape near the ring to hold the ring in place) to the inside of your wrist, wrap the bracelet around your wrist and clasp. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree    Have you tried using a Bracelet Buddy to clasp your bracelet?  They sell them on Amazon and many other places.  They used to sell them on QVC, but I haven't checked to see if they still do. They're great.  I can't clasp my bracelets by myself either, and these really work.

Yes, I have tried.  I have two that friends gave but my problem is that I broke my wrist when I was around 10 years and I fractured that same wrist several years ago.  So, I have trouble clasping my hand and I don't have a lot of strength in that hand.  There are some things I can do.  Like twisting bottle caps off and using the bracelet budy.