Trusted Contributor

Re: Sleeping Beauty Turquoise

Today at 10am is a sleeping beauty turquoise show on ShopHQ.

Today at 5pm is an asian turquoise show on ShopHQ.

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2014 Sakuya said:

Today at 10am is a sleeping beauty turquoise show on ShopHQ.

Today at 5pm is an asian turquoise show on ShopHQ.

I have to contain myself. Asian I do not care.
Regular Contributor

love the photo of dry creek - I have several nice pieces and it's my favorite color - very subtle pale blue - but then again I love #8 with matrix and sleeping beauty's vibrance with none. Dry creek is so HTF.

New Contributor

It looks so pretty.

Honored Contributor

I love to watch Jay King over on HSN. I will sit and watch him for hours talk about the places he's been.

I recently found a cable show where they show the people who mine for these different stones. It is interesting to see how they make a living and how the value is based on things totally different from what I thought it was.

I even googled this because I wanted to see how these miners were able to make a claim on a particular piece of land.

I just find everything interesting anymore. Don't remember most of it but find it interesting.

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2014 annabellethecat said:

I just find everything interesting anymore. Don't remember most of it but find it interesting.

You're sweet and funny.

Looks like a Sleeping Beauty top value on ShopHQ tonight. Probably Paul.

Occasional Contributor

Not applicable

I like the look of SB, though the matrix that I have usually seen makes it a bit easier to see if it has been stabilized. The SB always looks like the value has been compromised by being stabilized. If I know that it is always raw, polished turquoise, I'd be much more comfortable...

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2014 TheGhostofBelleStarr said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow, that is a beautiful bracelet! Love it!!

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 wiscman said:

I like the look of SB, though the matrix that I have usually seen makes it a bit easier to see if it has been stabilized. The SB always looks like the value has been compromised by being stabilized. If I know that it is always raw, polished turquoise, I'd be much more comfortable...

Raw turquoise is very soft, and porous, and tends to change color over time. Stabilized turquoise preserves the color.

Perhaps you mean reconstituted? That's turquoise powder mixed with polymer, and no one wants that.