Super Contributor

Re: Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Tennis Bracelet

On 7/16/2014 Vickie00 said:

J279812 - for the 7 1/4" (btw in my review I noted that the size is actually 7 1/2")

Are you including the tongue of the clasp, or did you get an extra stone?

Trusted Contributor

On 7/16/2014 ennui1 said:
On 7/16/2014 Vickie00 said:

J279812 - for the 7 1/4" (btw in my review I noted that the size is actually 7 1/2")

Are you including the tongue of the clasp, or did you get an extra stone?

I didn't get an extra stone. QVC just measured it wrong. Below is the review I posted on the bracelet:

"My bracelet, while dainty, as another reviewer stated, is very pretty. The cabochons are small but that is the reason I like it. The turquoise is the robin egg blue you would expect. And I find that the diamond cutting just adds the right amount of sparkle. I think this is a great summer bracelet.
When I put it on, I thought it "wore" more like a 7 1/2" bracelet does on me so I measured it. From end to end, the turquoise cabochons measure 7 1/4" but you have an additional section of the round silver piece where the clasp goes into, which makes the bracelet 7 1/2". I don't mind the extra drape but wanted to let you know in case another size might fit better for you. I highly recommend this bracelet."

Super Contributor

Ennui, Do you have this bracelet? If so, is yours a true 7 1/4? Do you feel this price is in line for what you are getting: workmanship, size, SB, design, weight, etc.? Just trying to justify my buying another turquoise bracelet. I trust your opinion because I have read many of your reviews which I agreed with. I just spent that much on Carolyn's SB watch and more on a Ken Johnson ring, so I am trying to watch my $'s. Let me know please.
Trusted Contributor

I love this design. I have it on my wish list because it is on wait list.

Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 gem lover said: Ennui, Do you have this bracelet? If so, is yours a true 7 1/4? Do you feel this price is in line for what you are getting: workmanship, size, SB, design, weight, etc.? Just trying to justify my buying another turquoise bracelet. I trust your opinion because I have read many of your reviews which I agreed with. I just spent that much on Carolyn's SB watch and more on a Ken Johnson ring, so I am trying to watch my $'s. Let me know please.

I do, but it was a gift. My bracelet is a true 7 1/4", plus another quarter inch for the clasp tongue, which you lose when it's fastened.

Value is debatable. It is made in the USA (big +). The turquoise is bright blue, and I generally prefer that softer Tiffany-box color. I do wear it a lot, though, because it is a little, easy pop of color and not too heavy for hot, sticky weather. It's nice to have something turquoise that doesn't look Southwestern, and I usually mix this bracelet with white gold.

It does kind of look like little plastic dots, but I gave it the hot pin test, and it passed.

dperry, it shows waitlist because it's advance order.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this bracelet. I ordered it yesterday morning, along with the Eclissi turquoise watch. But when I got to work, I cancelled both orders. I have been buying too much lately, mostly turquoise. I have 3 new turquoise cuffs and one on advanced order. Maybe some day I will get this one too. The watch is pretty, but decided the face is just too big.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Dang, that's a pretty bracelet! It's not easy to find turquoise in gold. I really like the station necklace, too--I'm a station necklace junkie. I'm not willing to do the advance order thing; instant gratification is important to me. Think I'll take my chances and see if I can get it when it is available for immediate purchase. I have a pair of turquoise earrings set in gold that hubby gave me some years ago that would look great with it--and with that necklace, too!

It did get stellar reviews, so that's something.

Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said:

Dang, that's a pretty bracelet! It's not easy to find turquoise in gold. I really like the station necklace, too--I'm a station necklace junkie.

Are we talking about the same pieces? The bracelet with the diamond cutting is sterling ... there is another SB bracelet in yellow gold.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this when it was first offered in January (?) of this year to arrive months later.

I love it. I would not call it a dainty bracelet. I actually thought it had a nice weight to it. And it's slinky on the wrist. Love the way it feels and moves and slides around on my wrist. The color is beautiful and matches the color of sleeping beauty in a Gems en Vogue II ring I own. The color is striking and a definite pop against the skin and I just really like the way it feels and looks. The color is a tad darker blue than my other sleeping beauty other than the ring I already mentioned. The silver around each sleeping beauty piece is bright and surprisingly adds a lot to the bracelet. I was thrilled with this bracelet and am very happy I did not cancel my advance order. I was anxiously awaiting its arrival fully expecting to not like it (been disappointed in the past) so was more than delighted when I ended up truly liking it.

Super Contributor

There are a few of these bracelets on ebay, for the bargain hunters.