Honored Contributor

Since it seems that the majority of Q Diamonique fans who buy yellow 14k gold rings

.....prefer white prongs, why the gradual and growing trend to using yellow gold for the prongs in many (perhaps most) solitaires and larger stone settings?

Case in point, the “Love” ring, which I mourned not purchasing in its first go around, and which has now returned in solid yellow gold, which to me, and I am not alone, is not nearly as pretty as the original, with its white gold basket and prongs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Since it seems that the majority of Q Diamonique fans who buy yellow 14k gold rings

@violann wrote:

.....prefer white prongs, why the gradual and growing trend to using yellow gold for the prongs in many (perhaps most) solitaires and larger stone settings?

Case in point, the “Love” ring, which I mourned not purchasing in its first go around, and which has now returned in solid yellow gold, which to me, and I am not alone, is not nearly as pretty as the original, with its white gold basket and prongs.

@violann  ITA. All diamonds or Diamonique should be set in white metal, or at least the basket or bezel holding the stone. Yellow metal next to the stone reflects its color onto the stone causing it have a yellow cast.

Honored Contributor

Re: Since it seems that the majority of Q Diamonique fans who buy yellow 14k gold rings

@Shanus-couldn’t agree more, and if anyone’s opinion should count on this subject, it’s your’s. 👍🏻😁

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Shanus-couldn’t agree more, and if anyone’s opinion should count on this subject, it’s your’s. 👍🏻😁

@violann  Thanks for your vote of confidence. 🌸

Esteemed Contributor

I also agree.  I prefer yellow gold however the prongs should always be white!!!!  If you purchase a diamond from a reputable jeweler, they recommend white gold prongs.

If QVC wants the believability factor, use white metal for prongs on yellow gold or clad jewelry.