Regular Contributor

Silver Days of old

[ Edited ]

Years ago when the silver day was a big emphasis, I always took this day off from work because it was the day before my birthday and I wanted to choose something special as a birthday to me gift. Today I happen to be home on this day, for the first time in years. I have chosen several basics in silver that I want/need, but not the excitement of the old days.  Guess you can never go home...

Honored Contributor

@graciesmom1003 wrote:

Years ago when the silver day was a big emphasis, I always took this day off from work because it was the day before my birthday and I wanted to choose something special as a birthday to me gift. Today I happen to be home on this day, for the first time in years. I have chose several basics in silver that I want/need, but not the excitement of the old days.  Guess you can never go home...

@graciesmom1003 

Oh, how nice!  Happy birthday!  Glad you got some new pretty things!  I agree with you.  Back in the day when they had the silver shows and the gold shows, I would always want to stay home, too.  They always made the shows so much fun.  They frequently had fun sets and wore outfits and the prices were so great back then!  I never wanted to miss a minute!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday Graciesmom 1003. My daughter was born on  3/2. Also the birthday of Doctor Seuss. I remember those Silver days in the 1990's. Lots of silver to choose from. I haven't watched the siver or gold days in years. 

Honored Contributor

@graciesmom1003 wrote:

Years ago when the silver day was a big emphasis, I always took this day off from work because it was the day before my birthday and I wanted to choose something special as a birthday to me gift. Today I happen to be home on this day, for the first time in years. I have chosen several basics in silver that I want/need, but not the excitement of the old days.  Guess you can never go home...

@graciesmom1003   Happy birthday to you!

Super Contributor

I remember all the great jewelry from days of old - heavy silver for cheap prices - lately I was bored but this year I really love the flower themed items - reminds me of my Mom and the 70s

Esteemed Contributor

@graciesmom1003, Have a Very Happy Birthday!  Wishing you many happy and healthy years ahead.  

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember "Big Banana Silver Day"? Very funny commercial!

Valued Contributor

@graciesmom1003 Have a very, very happy birthday!!! Glad you found some nice buys. If you don't see something that speaks to you today just save your birthday "card" and have it in waiting for an upcoming show where something really "wows" you!  Then you have the perfect justification to splurge!  Sorry to be a jewelry enabler but that is how my mind works!

Trusted Contributor

Oh HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU @graciesmom1003 

Hoping you find some beauties.  I am eyeballing a few things but unsure right now.  I enjoy silver days better than gold days...to pricey for me. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday 🎁 enjoy your purchase.

Gold day and especially gem day were special days for me. I’d watch all day and night. No more.