Honored Contributor

Silpada going out of business

Silpada is closing effective July 31. I have quite a few pieces and went to quite a few parties back in the day. DD bought me a beautiful cuff for my birthday with the money she earned from her first high school job. One of the moms at school sold it, and still is, and everyone was wearing it. She was the one who e-mailed some of us tonight. 

Good memories. Nice jewelry. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Silpada going out of business

Never heard of this company.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this. I have a lot of nice pieces, too.  I get complimented on them when I wear them. 

Honored Contributor

Good company, so sorry.

Honored Contributor

Nice pieces but I thought the pricing was not competitive, where I live there are tons of places to buy things like their's

Looks as though their business model was not flexible enough to survive today

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I too have some wonderful items from 6-7 years ago. Those distributors/friends/parties gave it up a long time ago. I was told the pricing wasn't competitive. I couldn't find a local representative. The designs were cool and have held up quite well.
Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I felt forced to buy a piece when my SIL began selling it.  It was a ring and it was a piece of junk.  It tarnished quickly and the tarnish would not come off.

Valued Contributor

My nail tech has two clients that used to sell Silpada but they left it in the last year or two. From what I was told, the two original owners of the company sold it to Avon and then the original owners...they each have a daughter.....these daughters bought the company back from Avon and tried to bring the company back by adding handbags etc....but the price point was at Coach levels and it never took off.  Also, brass came into the picture and not everyone was thrilled with that idea. ..in other words...quality issues.

They did have some nice things.  Now my nail tech has a whole table full of discounted Silpada items she is helping to move out. 

Trusted Contributor

I have two pieces I bought at different times at a high-end consignment shop.  Both are nice pieces.