Super Contributor

@SilleeMee: They are saying that is no surprise, many people believe in that thing called Chakra, that claims certain gemstones have healing powers. I saw in another website a doctor saying that drinking crushed Shungite on a glass of water is good for you.

If I get Shungite is because I like the gem. I don't believe minerals have healing powers. 

Perhaps the Chinese would believe that, since they torture animals for their so called "traditional medicine" and eat everything they move.

Valued Contributor

It's just folklore....come on Y'allHeartSmiley Wink

Contributor

OMG I just saw the same thing the other night! I hadn't watched the channel since the holidays, but popped it on since I had been jewelry shopping recently, and I heard her say a diabetic's blood sugar was lowered BECAUSE of the Shugite or whatever it is.  I freaked out! That is SO wrong.  Folklore or not, that is so illegal.  They must just be counting on the FTC or FCC just not caring enough to go after them, because there would have to be a ton of complaints for them to even consider acting.

I like shopping there, but if they do this a lot, I dunno, I'm going to reconsider. I don't like that brand of ethics.

Regular Contributor

Every time they have a presentation about shungite, they ALWAYS state that they are not giving medical advice, and that you should always consult your doctor regarding your concerns.

Then they usually show emails that they have gotten from viewers who have purchased this stone.  Most of them claiming success with pain relief, and other claims. That is often followed by testimonials from the hosts themselves. Yadda, yadda.

I am very skeptical of any claims..if someone from my family claimed relief, I probably would believe them, but I’m not going to take what strangers are saying as the truth. I am sure that a lot of people that send the emails are laughing their butts off, as their phony emails are being read on  TV. However, the stone is very pretty when high polished and set in sterling silver with a platinum overlay. So if nothing else, you have a pretty piece of jewelry. Or you can send it back for a refund within 30 days.

Respected Contributor

Well now...I have been a Good Girl (sort of).  Hope Santa puts one in my stocking!  Smiley LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

Every time they have a presentation about shungite, they ALWAYS state that they are not giving medical advice, and that you should always consult your doctor regarding your concerns.

Then they usually show emails that they have gotten from viewers who have purchased this stone.  Most of them claiming success with pain relief, and other claims. That is often followed by testimonials from the hosts themselves. Yadda, yadda.

I am very skeptical of any claims..if someone from my family claimed relief, I probably would believe them, but I’m not going to take what strangers are saying as the truth. I am sure that a lot of people that send the emails are laughing their butts off, as their phony emails are being read on  TV. However, the stone is very pretty when high polished and set in sterling silver with a platinum overlay. So if nothing else, you have a pretty piece of jewelry. Or you can send it back for a refund within 30 days.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shungite - Really? LC

[ Edited ]

I believe in shungite about as much as I believe copper helps arthritis.  I think some things have a placebo effect, in other words, mental.  But not for me.