Honored Contributor

Please let us see the clasps of jewelry on air and online. Please show the backs of earrings too. I want to see what I'm buying.

Honored Contributor

Re: Show the clasps, please.

[ Edited ]

I totally agree.  I am one for detail, and I want to see front and back of everything.  Also, as a handbag collector I want to see bag lining.  The color, material , the pockets, zippers, clasps.  It seems simple but you wouldn't believe how many handbags they have had on air, and never shown inside.  Who would go into a store pay for a handbag and never once open the bag to see inside.

clasps of jewelry are very important, as well as back of earrings.  The items should be shown as we look at them in store.  I can't imagine buying a necklace without looking at clasp.  Is it secure? Can I open and close it by myself.  ?  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I totally agree.  I am one for detail, and I want to see front and back of everything.  Also, as a handbag collector I want to see bag lining.  The color, material the pockets zippers, clasps.  It seems simple but you wouldn't believe how many handbags they have had on air, and never shown inside.  Who would go into a store pay for a handbag and never one e open the pag to see inside.

clasps of jewelry are very important, as well as back of earrings.  The items should be shown as we look at them in store.  I can't imagine buying a necklace without looking at clasp.  Is it secure? Can I open and close it by myself.  ?  

Agreed. I want to see all the storage in a bag.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D   I so agree with you!!  One of my pet peeves lately are the ridiculously small necklace clasps that are made so flimsy they are too difficult to fasten.  When the hosts or vendor pushes a "magnetic clasp" to buy as an extra purchase to use the chain I already know they have skimped on a decent clasp.  I shouldn't have to make an extra purchase to wear a necklace.

Honored Contributor

QVC has always skimped on their findings.  Designer jewelry is usually good, but regular Q stuff; not so much.  It used to be more of an issue with gold jewelry, but now it seems to be with silver too.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget the backs of rings.  I wear a different size depending upon whether there is a finished gallery inside or not.  

Honored Contributor

Gold filled clasp for 38.25?  Gold filled is plated, not worth the money.  If you don't believe me check with your local gold scrap dealer.  When you buy these be sure both ends are large enough to attach to your chains or bacelets.  Some are designed to be used by people that make jewelry and need tools to manipulate.  I've done far better with Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Please let us see the clasps of jewelry on air and online. Please show the backs of earrings too. I want to see what I'm buying.

@Mindy D   They don't bother showing clasps because if a pendant, many have what I call "throw away" chains. They're too fine to hold up & change them out for one I have that's more sturdy. If chain does look beefy, box chain is strongest, look for lobster claw clasp, but I've received chains where even those clasps were cheaply made and didn't close completely. Check for that.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The clasps are my pet peeve, also.  I have seen so many $300-400 (and up) gold bracelets with a tiny, cheesy lobster-claw clasp.  Why do they do that????

Respected Contributor

I agree.

I guess Mary Beth has to do everything.

What worries you masters you.