Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shop LC shipped my order in 13 hours

@SilleeMee wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

It's objective, or judgemental and based on personal preference. Nothing is written in stone...pun intended!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMeeThanks for explaining.  Woman Happy

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset    Jewelry is never made of the pure silver that would be in an ingot as it would be too soft.  However, sterling is often sold as scrap so I can't imagine why you couldn't sell yours.  You must have picked the wrong place.   Artisan Crafted and sterling use the same metal, the Artisan Crafted usually being a one-of-a-kind hand-made piece.  Sterling could be hand made or factory manufactured, even flatware. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gertrudecloset    Jewelry is never made of the pure silver that would be in an ingot as it would be too soft.  However, sterling is often sold as scrap so I can't imagine why you couldn't sell yours.  You must have picked the wrong place.   Artisan Crafted and sterling use the same metal, the Artisan Crafted usually being a one-of-a-kind hand-made piece.  Sterling could be hand made or factory manufactured, even flatware. 

@Kachina624Yes, the jewelry store told me this.  I had already sold a lot of gold pieces.  Didn't want to sell it all.  I still have the very very hefty san marco sterling silver necklace and bracelet.  I stopped wearing the necklace because it wouldn't lay flat.  It also closed with a magnet and it would come falling right off.  So I thought, maybe I made a mistake in buying it.  I couldn't return it and had it for some time when I wanted to rid myself of it.  Oh yeah.  I thought I'd get at least $200 because the gram weight of the silver necklace alone was very very weighty.  I still have it.  Needs to be cleaned good though.

Sounds like they just didn't want to bother with Silver.  This was a jeweller in my mall!  LOL.  I am familiar with fine silverware for serving.  My aunties had some.  Come to think of it I don't know whatever happened to theirs.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life