Respected Contributor

Re: Shop LC is back for DISH customers

@Tique   Golly!  Thanks for the heads up. Last I knew Dan worked for Home Depot in Austin.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@Tique   Golly!  Thanks for the heads up. Last I knew Dan worked for Home Depot in Austin.

I think I read his book on gems.  I remember reading it. Probably in the library,  He must know about gems a lot. 

Honored Contributor

Why does Dan say "Rhode Island removal" when he talks about a price drop?? What does RI have to do with it? Does anyone know?

Honored Contributor

Back when Dan was there full time at the studio they used a lot of gimmicks with visuals and sound affects.   One of these was Rhode Island Removal, meaning they removed the higher price.  I think Rhode Island is used because it goes with the R in Removal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee @depglass   Shawn and Dan are on air. Together. Now.

I noticed!!Smiley Surprised @Tique 

I wonder what is up with that?! ...or how long it will continue...lol!

@Tique 

Shawn has left the LC. His host picture is gone from their site, too.

Also, I just noticed this last night that the channel is no longer being aired in HD. Everything is blurry now that they've gone back to standard definition...ugh.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tique 

@SilleeMee   what! I knew I hadn't seen him in over a week or more. Just thought I was tuning in when he was not on. Let me know if you hear what happened. Yes, call me nosy. ☺️

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tique 

@SilleeMee   what! I knew I hadn't seen him in over a week or more. Just thought I was tuning in when he was not on. Let me know if you hear what happened. Yes, call me nosy. ☺️

@Tique 

I just got done reading one of the threads over on LC's forum about Shawn's leaving. You might find that interesting though not completely explanatory as to any reason why he left...just speculation looks like to me. But interesting ntl.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tique 

@Tique 

I just got done reading one of the threads over on LC's forum about Shawn's leaving. You might find that interesting though not completely explanatory as to any reason why he left...just speculation looks like to me. But interesting ntl.

@SilleeMee  I will go there later. Will probably get back to you. Thanks. Enjoy your day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  I did read the comments which didn't reveal much more than I already knew but one reply reminded me of something. Shawn had been talking about developing his own watch line almost from the time he arrived at that channel. The last time I saw him he mentioned that the line was almost ready. He was in the process of tweaking things before what he thought would be a spring preview. I remember before the holidays when Chuck had his watches. I thought it was interesting that Chuck's line beat Shawn's.

Speaking of Chuck he never mentions his wife anymore so I've reached the conclusion they are no longer together. I hope I'm wrong. Blake mentions her but Chuck has done a complete turnaround compared to the way he used to talk about both Kathy and Kelly Ann.

Honored Contributor

@Tique 

Yes, I sort of knew about Shawn's watches but I didn't know if he was still doing that. I also know he has a podcast though I've never listened to that. Maybe someday we'll see Shawn's line of watches sold somewhere familiar.  Interesting about Chuck. He never mentions anything about his family other than Blake. Chuck seems to act like he's single, doesn't he?