Respected Contributor
On 3/1/2015 BonnieBelle said:
On 2/27/2015 lulu2 said:

I guess my age is showing. When we were engaged in 1970, most of my friends had quarter to half carat stones. Over the years, many of us have upgraded to 1 to 2 carat stones. I know no one who has anything near a 3 carat stone.

Many posters say they buy DMQ just because they like variety. Others say they buy what they think is believable. In my world (and we socialize with some wealthy people) this would not be believable.

Shawn said her real stone looks yellow next to the DMQ. To my eyes the DMQ looks like clear glass.

ITA I was married twenty years later, but I don't think I knew anyone who had over a one carat ring. I didn't even have an engagement ring, I just had a diamond wedding band. I have never upgraded. I don't wear rings anymore. Shawn's ring does not look like a 3 carat stone to me, I was surprised. She has small hands, and it doesn't look big on her. Her ring is also set in platinum, must have cost a fortune. I also don't like DMQ, looks fake to me, to clear, bright and shiny.

Let us know what you think of the set. BTW, does DMQ sizes run small or true to size?

Respected Contributor
So what do you guys think I should do about my waitlist order? Does anyone have any experience with this? Would waitlist mean I would only get it if someone returns it? I am assuming since they have a new item nbr they wouldn't be getting any additional pieces just to fulfill the waitlist. I just wondered if I ordered under the new nbr will they not bill me until it ships? If so, I could do that and leave my waitlist order out there awhile longer. I guess the price is going up after tomorrow. Appreciate any info. Thanks!
Respected Contributor
On 3/1/2015 Reba055 said: So what do you guys think I should do about my waitlist order? Does anyone have any experience with this? Would waitlist mean I would only get it if someone returns it? I am assuming since they have a new item nbr they wouldn't be getting any additional pieces just to fulfill the waitlist. I just wondered if I ordered under the new nbr will they not bill me until it ships? If so, I could do that and leave my waitlist order out there awhile longer. I guess the price is going up after tomorrow. Appreciate any info. Thanks!

I'm on waitlist as well from the original Item Number also. Yes, you will get a return or wait until the 4/20 date (I'm doing this from memory so I may have the date wrong). Why don't you wait until the reviews come in before your cancel. I believe you will be notified if the product comes into stock before it is sent out.

I wish someone would answer my question as to whether the sizing on this brand is true sizing or does it run small. Thank you.

Respected Contributor
I have a terrible cold so I'm kinda foggy but I just went ahead and placed an order on the new item number. I'm afraid waitlist would not guarantee that I get it and I would prefer not to get a return if a new one is available for the same price. If it's not going to ship until 4/20 that gives me plenty of time to cancel should I need to. I was hoping someone would change their mind or cancel on the original and it would ship out but it doesn't look that that's happening.
Contributor
On 2/27/2015 ritasNo1Fan said: Sorry, set is not too special for me. Just not a fan of S. or her gems.

agree, don't you guys want your own style? At all?

Honored Contributor

JMO Why someone would even want to wear someone elses wedding set is beyond me. Whats wrong with wearing your OWN wedding set?

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 ID2 said:

JMO Why someone would even want to wear someone elses wedding set is beyond me. Whats wrong with wearing your OWN wedding set?

I feel the same way about Shawn's charm bracelet. I always thought the meaning behind a charm bracelet was that you collect charms that are meaningful to you, not Shawn. Each charm on my bracelet represents a place I've been or something that is special to me.

Valued Contributor
I will always love my diamond and my wedding ring is a band with diamonds, my diamond is almost 1 ct., I would never change it in anyway. My hubby picked it out and then on our 10th anniversary he gave me a v ring with diamonds.It is the only diamond set I will ever have, I never take it off, except to clean it, and when I had to have surgery. I saw Shawns ring and it is nice but I thought it looked a bit cloudy, not being meanI know the grade my stone is and it is a beautiful when clean ,brilliant different colors shine, that I really did not see. As far as Judith Ripka's rolling braclet in silver 1st came out I ordered it never thought about how it matches, I just bought it cause I fell in love with it!
Honored Contributor

Do you have a lifestyle that matches the cost of a flawless 3 ct diamond? Otherwise, nobody is gonna believe it's "real".........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Heart of Spade said:
On 3/2/2015 ID2 said:

I feel the same way about Shawn's charm bracelet. I always thought the meaning behind a charm bracelet was that you collect charms that are meaningful to you, not Shawn. Each charm on my bracelet represents a place I've been or something that is special to me.

So true! I don't get qvc copying some of the hosts personal jewelry especially that charm bracelet. A charm bracelet, I feel is such a personal thing, Same with her wedding set. No doubt, I have admired her ring but that's as far as it goes for me. I got engaged in the early 70's and have a 1 ct pear solitare. I admit, I wouldn't mind having a different shaped diamond now but that's pretty much out of the question. I think diamonique looks a bit fake so I would never get ring with a large stone, I don't like big jewelry anyway but I would consider a small band in diamonique.