Trusted Contributor
Check out uptown silver.com. They have an Israeli made cigar band ring that looks just like Shawns ring only it doesn't have an inscription on it. Shawns inscription doesn't mean anything to me so I wouldn't want it for myself.
Super Contributor

Thank you so much, K9buddy, I will check out the website right now. Smile

Frequent Contributor
Two things have always bothered me about this ring. First is her showing the one she wears and how dented and scratched it is. I have a similar wide band sterling ring with a cross in gold on it from Sundance Jewelry. No scratches or dents. Second, her sales tactics for the ring really bother me....going on and on and on about problems and fears.
Honored Contributor
On 1/10/2015 Angelfire said: Two things have always bothered me about this ring. First is her showing the one she wears and how dented and scratched it is. I have a similar wide band sterling ring with a cross in gold on it from Sundance Jewelry. No scratches or dents. Second, her sales tactics for the ring really bother me....going on and on and on about problems and fears.

I agree. Things like that make me uncomfortable when they are part of a sales pitch.

Honored Contributor

I bought that ring some time ago and returned it because it was just too chunky and uncomfortable to wear and I have long slim fingers.

Honored Contributor

I Don't feel that meaningful personal feelings, experiences, etc. have a place in a sales pitch.

Shawn has chosen to express hers on a ring, but, that is her representation and her emotions, not mine. Each of us has our own; if I wanted to wear mine on a ring I'd design one unique to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I have the ring....I love it...I love the saying and I love listening to Shawn talking about it.

Shawn has mentioned several times that the feature price would go away at the end of the year.

The ring is very heavy and it's beautiful....I get compliments on it all the time....and that's not an exaggeration. True story.... About 3 months ago I was getting a lumbar epidural shot . I was lying on my stomach with my hangs folded over my head. There was a nurse sitting in front of the table and she grabbed my hand to look at my ring....she loved it and asked me where I got it.

It's almost like a "worry ring" for me...I find myself spinning it often....usually when I'm nervous about something....and it calms me.

I think that if you get it, you won't be disappointed.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Frequent Contributor
On 1/10/2015 NanaLinda said:

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I've been out of town since two weeks before Christmas so hadn't seen or heard Shawn warn of the price increase on this ring.

I know prices go up, never down unless on clearance, and I certainly don't expect this piece to be on clearance for a while, considering it's popularity.

I know my granddaughter would love it, not necessarily for the inscription, but because of the style of the ring. I'm considering it again.

As I stated, it's not the money, and I don't do easy pay, so I probably will go ahead and get it for her. Will make her happy and will make me happy giving it to her.

I would do easy pay if they still offer it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

It's a nice ring, especially if you like Shakespeare. I hate that it has her signature for a quote that she didn't write. I cringe whenever she starts holy rolling on about the ring, taking away the true meaning of the ring- romance.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/10/2015 stevieb said:

In my youth I might've been 'moved' by this sort of inscription. At this point, it simply doesn't mean a lot to me, and I agree, there was no reason to raise the price. Besides, this is hardly a new piece. As for Lisa's leaving, the Q is greedy, the whole crew of them could leave and we still wouldn't see reduced shipping or prices... And frankly, given repetition is rampant, they might as well set a few of them free and go to videotape... As a promotion, they could hold a lottery and one lucky customer gets to decide who they send packing. That's one I'd like to win...

I don't think it matters how old you are, the ring's inscription is very inspirational, maybe I feel this way because of what I've gone through. Since I purchased it, I haven't taken it off my finger and I have a very large ring collection, that's how much it means to me. It is very substantial and many people have commented on how much they love it and ask where I bought it. I think we probably all know that the only thing that matters to QVC is making more and more money, so I'm not surprised at the increase in price. Practically everything they sell has gone way up, you could buy a Susan Graver top for $30 a few years ago, now everything is in the $50-60 range. It's ridiculous.