Honored Contributor

Re: September Design of the Month

Wouldn't it really irk you if you paid $55,000 for a watch and saw a TV shopping channel had an almost exact copy for $59 ?

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 happy housewife said:

Wouldn't it really irk you if you paid $55,000 for a watch and saw a TV shopping channel had an almost exact copy for $59 ?

LOL!!! NOT at all! My watch $55,000 would be real gold, have real big or lots of diamonds and other stones perhaps, and be a brand name that I would be very happy to own. A $59 watch and a $55,000 watch have NOTHING in common except they may or may not tell time accurately.

I have a gold dress watch with diamonds surrounding the dial. It was a 40th anniversary gift, it is precious and much cherished and something I thought I would never own. A lot of pride and sentiment and special feelings go along with the watch--a gift from my husband. We were very very poor for a long time when we were married--young. He was so happy to be able to do that for me after all those years. He had nothing and no prospects when I married the great guy I knew him to be. It was a long hard haul, but we made it through and both got our degrees. We missed out on so much that most people can do--like going out for a burger--for a good many years.

Unless you have tons of money and it basically means nothing, precious things are often given for precious memories and are cherished for a lifetime. Of course my watch didn't cost nearly that much, but the meaning behind it is precious beyond any cash value.

Respected Contributor

Very pretty watch and good price, too!

I like the silvertone.

Honored Contributor

This is a beautiful watch--no matter which version you are talking about. It's funny isn't it how jewelry sometimes has so much meaning and then sentimental value when given as a gift. It's something you often associate with special occasions.

If I get a watch at retirement, I'll have to buy it myself. . . {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I got a set of china when I retired - I thought it was an odd gift for an employer to give. Some friends gave me some special things like a flamingo pendant because we were moving to Fl. and the TT seashell dishes.

Occasional Contributor

I need extra links for this beautiful watch, does anyone have extras ? I bought silver, but would take anyone of the colors. If so, respond and I will give my mailing address & send you your money.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/18/2014 pede said:

I need extra links for this beautiful watch, does anyone have extras ? I bought silver, but would take anyone of the colors. If so, respond and I will give my mailing address & send you your money.

QVC sells extra links: http://www.qvc.com/Stainless-Steel-Watch-Extender-Clasp-for-Diamonique-Watch.product.J337295.html?sc...

Occasional Contributor

On 9/18/2014 QsMom said:
On 9/18/2014 pede said:

QVC sells extra links: http://www.qvc.com/Stainless-Steel-Watch-Extender-Clasp-for-Diamonique-Watch.product.J337295.html?sc...

Occasional Contributor

QsMom, Thank you. I called customer service, before I posted my request, and the lady told me they didn't sell extra links.

So Thanks, I ordered them ASAP.