Super Contributor

Re: Scott Kay Jewelry Designs coming to QVC on February 1st

On 12/13/2014 Fluffy-2 said:
On 12/13/2014 smarty said:

His obituary identifies his non-bridal line as "fashion jewelry" so I suppose it is his "fashion" line that is available at TJs.

Yes, they use words "fashion jewelry" for non-bridal collections , but it's all silver (some with 18k inserts) and genuine stones, including diamonds .

I just find this statement ironic...I am confident that his pieces will soon have "fake" stones. Wonder if you will be issuing apologies any time soon...

Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Fluffy-2 said:

His obituary identifies his non-bridal line as "fashion jewelry" so I suppose it is his "fashion" line that is available at TJs.

Yes, they use words "fashion jewelry" for non-bridal collections , but it's all silver (some with 18k inserts) and genuine stones, including diamonds .

I am confident that his pieces will soon have "fake" stones.

It's possible with QVC, but I was talking about already existing lines that you can find at TJM and other retailer stores.

Honored Contributor

Any jewelry addition is a plus, but I'd surmise this also means some other or others are about to be history...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Scott Kay's idea of "fashion" jewelry is a solid sterling silver cuff that is 1.5 inches wide and weighs 92 grams. My new JAI John Hardy croco cuff, which I will admit is considerably narrower but also much thicker, weighs only 45 grams. In my opinion, the quality of Scott Kay sterling outstrips everything else

Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Favorite Son said:

Scott Kay's idea of "fashion" jewelry is a solid sterling silver cuff that is 1.5 inches wide and weighs 92 grams. My new JAI John Hardy croco cuff, which I will admit is considerably narrower but also much thicker, weighs only 45 grams. In my opinion, the quality of Scott Kay sterling outstrips everything else

ITA

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to read about his death.

I have a large cross pendant (which I love) and a cuff.

Fluffy-2 is the poster who made me aware of his beautiful designs.

Honored Contributor

Talk about bad timing, my sympathy to his family and fans. I'm just glad QVC is making an attempt to revive the jewelry business they seem to have walked away from.

Respected Contributor

How very sad for his family, for all his friends, and for fans of his line of jewelry, too.

It is quite a shock when someone dies so young. I wish his family the best.

Contributor

Hi both old and new posters

Wow,I haven't been around since my accident and new comp regs since 09, but I did not hear Scott Kay had passed. I was from Bklyn and a litttle older. His pieces are fantastic, the real Scott Kay. His work was beautiful but was often priced out of my league. He was up there with Logos. If you have his original pieces I would hold on to them. You will see them skyrocket.

I dont think the Q will sell what was his couture line, but will find a way to cheapen it down, but the name will sell. Fluffy congrats on your collection.

Thank you for the news as I had not heard, he was such a young delightful talented man.

Happy Holidays to all the gem lovers ,whatever line you like, just be happy you have today, like in Rent," No Day like Today."

Yesterday was my Mom's 33 anniversary in heaven. Dads 27th on Nov 1st. I just stood outside looked at the stars and thought how long it had been since I had called and actually said the words to them in person, I love you Mom or Dad. But love them the same, they did their best, love , intergerity, education values.

Have a safe and wonderful Holiday season, enjoy your family and friends. Remember there is always some little quirk that may annoy us about someone, just ignore it and look at all the positives. No one is perfect on earth.

(Was a very active former formum member years ago, but life happens, so once in a while I look and see so many new to old posters , in a way very reassuring , the polite comments and suggestions remain on this and the pearl forum.) Glad the nasties stayed away or no one responds.

I didn't even know John had left TPO until recently. Hopefully, they will put us back in touch. I know he is back from Africa and in Ca. He is an amazing man and his wife is so extraordinary. His many children will have a lifetime of experiences and love to carry through their lives .

I have trouble typing but have never forgotten the many friends who would welcome you when you made your first post, as I was a "stalker" a long time. This was the place you could ask any question & get back good honest feedback, prayers and just fun. Actually, met two forum members. Never knew we were not far away. Both have sinced moved & retired. Very happy to be out of NY, esp Long Island.

Love, Happiness, Health & Peace to All Everyday!

Sincerely,

Luvsiamese, to those who remember me, and to those who do not. Smile

Many Blessings to you All. I will always remember the support, love and kindness of the forum friends who helped me so much.