Trusted Contributor

Re: Saw my Q jewelry for 1st time in 9 years. Gold pieces awesome!

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, when gold first went sky high over 2,000 an oz. I unloaded some good stuff to a online place that paid for shipping and if you wanted it back wasn't satisfied with the deal they would pay to send back.

I thought they would be like pawn shop and offered you pennies on the dollar, they called with their offer and I about dropped the phone and said "Thanks", got the check.

Now, I'm buying new LOL but not to much have nobody to leave too and my sister said she'd rather have cash she has no place to go that is that nice.  My Imperial Gold bracelet I'll have on in my casket. LOL

Thanks, now I finally know wear I can wear my cobblestone IG bracelet that's a little too big where it won't fall off and get lost....Woman Very Happy

@candyagain Don't bet on that! Just teasing but actually many years ago my section of NE PA got flooded in areas that hadn't been flooded in decades.  It was called the "once every hundred year" flood. At least one area was a cemetery and there were stories that caskets were floating down the Susquehanna River!

Didn't think of that. We've had some bodies show up here and there from older cemeteries in my area, too! Maybe I'll tape it to my wrist now and just give it up to fate later on....Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Why had you not seen it in 9 years?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I don't know your situation so consider that when I say, I don't see any point in having jewelry under lock and key.  A very valuable piece that you don't wear? Maybe.  But a couple of pieces in a safety deposit box is one thing, boxes of jewelry in storage is another.

Honored Contributor

@Gracie1763     I also had a boat load of really nice gold and jewelry from the 90's...most bought on Valuevision when gold was less than $200 and ounce... huge heavy pieces... I never wore them... just liked owning them!

I  sold most all of the pieces in 2013 when gold was pretty high... made a small fortune for my retirement!  $$$$$. I kept a few pieces that I do wear.  I am just not into jewelry anymore at age 66 and retired... plus it is not safe to wear a bunch of gold these days. I do not think putting it away makes sense to me... I do not have children or any family so  no reason to save it. 

But boy I sure had some amazing pieces from Italy.  Probably never see such jewelry ever again. Glad that I was able to enjoy buying them and wearing them back then.

Respected Contributor

Consider talking to those you consider heirs of your jewelry, they may not even be interested or will sell it and use $ for other things they actually enjoy. Many younger people have no interest in expensive jewelry or other thing like good china, silverware, and other things that once were considered of interest and value by many to inherit if heirs are interested in these pieces consider giving it to them sooner rather then later so you can see them wearing it.
Honored Contributor

Could you answer my question.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Why had you not seen it in 9 years?

@Group 5 minus 1  The OP, @Gracie1763  said it's been in storage in a bank vault for the last nine years.

Honored Contributor

@decaf  Yes,I know its been in storage,but why?

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I suppose that's a question only the OP can answer.  I hope she responds.