Respected Contributor
I purchased the cognac quartz before it went on waitlist. Hope I like it as much as I think I will. Still keep thinking about the coordinating earrings!!!
Esteemed Contributor

That's the one I wanted, @Kindaglitzy.  Hope you enjoy it.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus.  I can't deny having a small prejudice against Stephen Dweck due to his nasty treatment of Rick many years ago during one of his first visits to QVC.

However, I've watch a bit of some of his shows today and I'm impressed at some of his innovative designs.  There's very little in jewelry that hasn't already been done, but he has some unusual designs.  His work appears to be beautifull finished.

Best of all, when they do close-ups of his hands, I see the scars, cuts and evidence that he actually works with his hands.  I remember what a mess my hands were when I did silver work.  I used to wonder how Robert Lee Morris avoided those "marks of honor".  Never saw anything on his hands.

What do you think?

@Kachina624  I’ve worked with RLM...his hands have arthritis now. He’s a jeweler’s jeweler. He has plenty of battle scars either from his time spent doing sculpture or at the jeweler’s bench. 😄

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The amethyst stone looks like Kunzite to me.

@SilleeMee  Quite pale, right? Can’t state Amethyst if not. Maybe not the best quality...$99 after all.

@SilleeMee @Shanus Rose de France amethyst? I picked up that one and the prasiolite. Couldn't resist either. Thought they could stack or be worn separate. I hope they are as pretty IRL. 🤗😊

Those are my choices too!!  If I were buying I'd choose the green and the lavender, and I'd stack them together.  Enjoy!!

Thanks @faeriemoon! I was wondering if I was being weird thinking of stacking those two ... glad to know you think the combo works ... super excited. 😊 (BTW, I miss all your cute little animated emojis -- you always had the best ones.) 

@Serendipity. In jewelry, as in nature, green is a neutral and goes w/ everything. Think about grass, leaves, etc. All flowers are set off and blend w/ shades of green in the garden. That’s why I wear turquoise jewelry w/ everything...whether blue or green, it’s grass or sky, colors in nature. 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  Quite pale, right? Can’t state Amethyst if not. Maybe not the best quality...$99 after all.

@SilleeMee @Shanus Rose de France amethyst? I picked up that one and the prasiolite. Couldn't resist either. Thought they could stack or be worn separate. I hope they are as pretty IRL. 🤗😊

Those are my choices too!!  If I were buying I'd choose the green and the lavender, and I'd stack them together.  Enjoy!!

Thanks @faeriemoon! I was wondering if I was being weird thinking of stacking those two ... glad to know you think the combo works ... super excited. 😊 (BTW, I miss all your cute little animated emojis -- you always had the best ones.) 

@Serendipity  I caved and bought the green and lavender too!!  Thought about it all day then took the plunge!  I love to pair those two colors together because they really complement each other, but aside from that, the hubs' birthstone is amethyst, and mine is emerald.  I don't really like traditional, "obvious" things, so I decided to go a bit outside the box with these color variations.  Looking forward to receiving them!

Honored Contributor

Re: STEPHEN DWECK BIG DEAL

[ Edited ]

I thoroughly enjoyed his presentations...not just the jewelry, but his obvious love and extensive knowledge of his materials and work. 

It’s my hope that enough pieces were purchased that he’ll be invited back soon and often. It was a refreshing change from Ripka, Pollack and others that are on too often. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Serendipity  I caved and bought the green and lavender too!!  Thought about it all day then took the plunge!  I love to pair those two colors together because they really complement each other, but aside from that, the hubs' birthstone is amethyst, and mine is emerald.  I don't really like traditional, "obvious" things, so I decided to go a bit outside the box with these color variations.  Looking forward to receiving them!

@faeriemoon Yay! And you have a personal reason behind the pairing too. I saw in the later presentation that Rachel wore the combo together. It looked great! I do like his presentations too @Shanus. It was a good pairing with Rachel. And definitely nice to see something new.

Some of his one of a kind offerings are pricey though. The turquoise/labradorite ring looks pretty as does the butterly ring (although knowing me I think I'd scratch myself with it. LOL)

Hoping we are all happy with our choices -- mine shipped already! 😊

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity  Please post a review here when you get your rings.  I can't wait to hear what you think!!  Mine didn't ship yet.  Smiley Sad

Hope you love them!  Fingers crossed...

Honored Contributor

Mine are out for delivery!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity

Keepers!!!!  And wait until you see how they're packaged; no plastic bags!!!  There was a time when I went for deep dark stones, but these days I prefer lighter stones that you can look into.  Going into this I knew the colors were subtle.  If you were hoping they would be darker than they appeared on the screen you may not be happy.

IMG_2695.jpg

(I promise my hand looks better than this in real life.  )