Honored Contributor

New jewelry line shown on PM Style... Setting precious stones in base metal? Why? Full show coming tomorrow 2/14 & pieces online. 

Respected Contributor

Re: SAMANTHA WILLIS JEWELRY

[ Edited ]

I thought they were semi-precious.

I went to her online site and they are semi-precious stones, didn't see any precious stones.  She does use silver but also has 14kt gold and rose gold plating over sterling. 6 month warranty on her pieces.  Comparably priced, IMO, to other jewelry lines of this nature.  Not my style but I'm sure it will appeal to others.  Just a choice of style is all.

you can Google her and read all about her things.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I just took a look and I would not be interested. 

Trusted Contributor

Base metals or plate?  Not interested.

Honored Contributor

I think people automatically assume all Q jewelry is either sterling or gold plated sterling.  I hope they notice that this line is mystery metal.  Seems like this is a huge step backward.  Samatha must know somebody.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's not precious stones, it's inexpensive semi precious stones.  Very expensive for base metal.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

It's not precious stones, it's inexpensive semi precious stones.  Very expensive for base metal.  

@chrystaltree  They are real gem stones and setting them in some unknown metal makes them unappealing IMO.

Valued Contributor

I personally love the look of Samantha Wills jewelry!! I already purchased 2 items. I don't care what the metal is, as long as it looks good and the pieces are a good value for me, I'll buy it. I'm not looking at these items to pass down to anybody or think they'll last for years. It's fun costume jewelry at affordable prices! Excited to see new lines coming to Q, especially in jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

@makenawrote:

I went to her online site and they are semi-precious stones, didn't see any precious stones.  She does use silver but also has 14kt gold and rose gold plating over sterling. 6 month warranty on her pieces.  Comparably priced, IMO, to other jewelry lines of this nature.  Not my style but I'm sure it will appeal to others.  Just a choice of style is all.

@makena I did not check her site. Comments referred to items shown on PM Style only....no silver or 14k there.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@makenawrote:

@makena I did not check her site. Comments referred to items shown on PM Style only....no silver or 14k there.

Yes and the stones here at QVC are cheapest of the semi precious stones.