Honored Contributor

I would be happy if they would pay the sales tax for something that expensive. For me the sales tax would be something like $350. The s&h is a drop in the bucket.

Trusted Contributor

Back in the day, and I mean way back, they used to have high-end jewelry shows called From the Vault, or something like that, and those items were without a shipping charge.  But it was also before easy pay was the default that it is now and there were some four digit price tags.

Trusted Contributor

I remember those shows.Could never afford anything but fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

SHQ charges $15 to ship their very pricey jewelry pieces. 

Honored Contributor

For many reasons I agree with those who feel someone who wants to buy such an expensive piece of jewelry should be able to pay their own way -  and that includes the extra cost for special delivery and insurance. 

The reality is that there's no such thing as free -  someone has to pay.  Stinginess is always expecting someone else to pick up the tab.

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

on the jewelry show right now on Q@ Mary Beth is showing a Fire Light grown necklace with a 3kt stone...for $7989.98...yes way out of my price range. 

But what gets me...they are actually charging S&H.

If I was spending that much...QVC should chip in S&H.   (although if I was spending that much on a necklace I don't know if I would be buying it off of the TV)...but something I will never know.

@ruthbe Tacky tacky tacky!

Trusted Contributor

I don't think I would even want free shipping on something like that.  The last thing I would want is to have it stuck somewhere between UPS and the Post Office.  

Honored Contributor

Remember back in the day when Q would have Once in a Lifetime jewelry shows, shipping was always free on these items. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ruthbe wrote:

on the jewelry show right now on Q@ Mary Beth is showing a Fire Light grown necklace with a 3kt stone...for $7989.98...yes way out of my price range. 

But what gets me...they are actually charging S&H.

If I was spending that much...QVC should chip in S&H.   (although if I was spending that much on a necklace I don't know if I would be buying it off of the TV)...but something I will never know.

@ruthbe Tacky tacky tacky!

Truth is you couldn't buy it at a jewelry store.  Most jewelry stores refuse lab grown diamonds.  Most places that sell lab grown are the companies that create them and some shopping channels. (Not all.  Gem Shopping doesn't carry any lab grown gems or diamonds)  It doesn't have a lot of resale value. Fine if you plan to keep them.  Not so good if you try to resell them. Just a point you should remember if you are interested in lab grown diamonds.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird : Thought I read recently that Cartier sells many lab created diamonds.