Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why would anyone delibertly want to buy defective diamonds?  If i can't have the good stuff, I'll do without or buy Moissanite.

Huh?????   Rough cut diamonds are not "defective" diamonds.  They have been around forever, sometimes referred to as raw diamonds.  They just are not diamond cut or faceted.  They are cut and polished just as they were hundreds of years ago.  They came back into fasion with the very rich and famous who wanted something different and unique and now rough cut diamonds have filtered down to us.

@chrystaltree.  Did you decide to ignore the part about them being black and gray?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

When I was in India about 5 yrs ago, there were ladies on my tour who could easily afford clear white diamonds who were looking for rough cut diamonds.  So there must be something aesthetically pleasing about them.

Trusted Contributor

I've never been a diamond fan, but if I were looking to buy them with color, it would be maybe yellow, blue or pink.  Black or gray??  Nah!  Black spinel and labradorite are cheaper and give the same look.  Why pay more just to be able to say the stones are diamonds?

Super Contributor

Aren't these uncut diamonds also called Polki diamods? I know that Polki diamonds are basically only polished. I haven't checked out what Evine has to offer yet.I'll have to do that.Are the ones on Evine polished at all?

We all have different tastes and there's not a thing wrong with that. A lot of woman are choosing colored stones for their engagement rings instead of diamonds.

I think HSN had a few pieces with uncut diamonds. I saw that everything sold out but haven't checked to see if they've brought them back or not.

I might try a piece that had a white diamond, or diamonds, but wouldn't be interested in gray or black. Just my personal choice because I already know I don't care for cut gray, black or champagne diamonds.