Contributor

I see evine has rough diamonds in black and grey diamonds. I would love for qvc to do something like that. Bring in some different things. What does everyone think?

Valued Contributor

Why don't you just buy what you like on Evine? Their jewelry is gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

@murr34 wrote:

I see evine has rough diamonds in black and grey diamonds. I would love for qvc to do something like that. Bring in some different things. What does everyone think?

just buy them from evine.

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone delibertly want to buy defective diamonds?  If i can't have the good stuff, I'll do without or buy Moissanite.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The beauty (and value) of a diamond is in its clarity and its cut as well as its size, so I would not pay extra for black or gray rough cut diamonds just because they are diamonds.  They'd be an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

I think Evine's jewelry is about 1000 times better than anything Qvc sells.  Qvc's isn't a big player in jewelry anymore so if you like what you saw on Evine, why not buy it there?  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why would anyone delibertly want to buy defective diamonds?  If i can't have the good stuff, I'll do without or buy Moissanite.

Huh?????   Rough cut diamonds are not "defective" diamonds.  They have been around forever, sometimes referred to as raw diamonds.  They just are not diamond cut or faceted.  They are cut and polished just as they were hundreds of years ago.  They came back into fasion with the very rich and famous who wanted something different and unique and now rough cut diamonds have filtered down to us.

Trusted Contributor
Would not pay for grey or black diamonds.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rough cut diamonds

[ Edited ]

If I am going to buy a diamond, I would want it cut so that I can look into the stone to check for flaws. How else could you do this if it wasn't cut?...you couldn't and you'd possibly be paying for a junk stone. Yes a rough cut would cost less, but it's still a diamond and those are expensive enough no matter how they come.

Respected Contributor

Those diamonds must be bought for a few dollars per item sold on Evine.  The $60 ring probably was purchased for $30 from Samuel and he had to make it and buy the silver too.   Nothing I would consider.