Honored Contributor

There are quite a lot of costume RLM pieces at TJM.  

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@wakefield64- Sorry, I don't think any of us answered your question.  Robert isn't on as often as he used to be.  I know that quite a few years ago, he had serious problems with his hands (years of being a metalsmith) and had to have surgery.

I think after that he slowed down quite a bit and I heard that he sold his company a while ago, but don't quote me on that.  I'd have to google it to find out.  And he did switch to other metals, when the price of silver went too high for him to bring the pieces he used to.

@Venezia  Thank you so much for the information. I enjoyed his pieces and, as I remember, his interaction with Jill.
Honored Contributor

i still enjoy and purchase his designs in bronze.

i just love the very modern looks of his jewelry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

He has 60 items here, all bronze I believe.  I believe does an occasional show but very infrequently.  Way back when he was a big deal here at QVC, I couldn't afford to buy the things I wanted from his line but I did get the Tablet Ring and matching pendant.  If anyone remembers them?  Sleek, modern and heavy silver.  Now that I could afford his silver pieces, it's all history.  

Valued Contributor

I adore all my RLM Sterling pieces and Robert Lee Morris.  I have soo many pieces of his jewelry I don't think I could part with any of them, ever.  I still enjoy the tablet, the kiss, the goddess designs, and organic shaped pendants. I catch his shows when I can.

The pieces with turquoise are favorites of mine.  I loved when Robert was designing new earrings to bring to QVC and we got to vote on which one he brought, anyone remember that?  I have Robert's book also.  It was exciting when Robert made little promo commercials for his upcoming shows. 

There is one piece I will always regret not ordering soon enough.  It was the round small 14k pendant he called the hobbit house window which was like a cross with a circle around it.  When I went on line to order it was gone and never returned.

I'm sorry to hear about his arthritis in his hands. I can relate and wish him the BEST.  I have been stricken with it also and it can be very painful esp. one hand. Thank goodness for cortisone injections and Advil!  

Honored Contributor

To me RLM is STERLING.  I would rather pay more for a piece that stays within his original designing ethic of all silver than any piece in brass or whatever. 

Respected Contributor

I was a big fan of his. As another poster said, the tablet ring is one of my favorites; I still wear it often and still love it. When the gold & silver prices started going up and he started using silver over bronze, I bought a couple rings before realizing the silver would wear off very quickly and scratch so easily. I miss the look of his jewelry on the Q, not a big fan of the fussy type jewelry they sell now. I always look for the unexpected. Thankfully, my need for jewelry has passed but Katie bar the door if different things return Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

There are quite a lot of costume RLM pieces at TJM.  

I purchased a 'flower petal' necklace and matching earrings at TJM last month.

There where several stand-out pieces there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Robert Lee Morris

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

To me RLM is STERLING.  I would rather pay more for a piece that stays within his original designing ethic of all silver than any piece in brass or whatever. 

@depglass- But if you read Robert's own words about his career, he says in the early days he used bronze, brass, copper and other metals.  So I wouldn't say he moved away from his original designing ethic; rather he moved back to it.

I love his sterling pieces, too.  In fact, I was never a sterling person (strictly gold) until I ordered my first piece of RLM which was a TSV necklace around 2001 or 2002???  It was multiple shaped links and it felt like silk (crazy, I know, but that's how it felt to me; so smooth to the touch).  It blew me away and I've been a silver person ever since.  I seldom wear my gold pieces now.

But it would be hard for any artist (jewelry, music, painting) to have to stick to the same thing for an entire career.

(ETA:  Can anyone tell me why that stupid grey slide bar appears at the right of some of my posts?)

Honored Contributor

If you want to see Robert Lee Morris' true genius in jewelry design, check out his IG (Instagram) page.  It's magnificent!  You will see that his jewelry is 90% brass and bronze, with some silver as a far third place.  His creations are indeed museum-worthy.