Trusted Contributor

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

Peach, I am so sorry about your loss. Those that take in rescue animals are special people. The animals are so appreciative and seem to know when they have it good. Life has it's ups and downs with them but all the energy expended and the dollars it takes, they are so well worth it. I always seem to have at least one rescue here. Again, I'm so sorry. God bless.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. You took wonderful care of him and all your rescues. You have such a kind heart.

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 DINOBABY said:

So so sorry for your loss. Dogs are so special. I own 2 rescue dogs now, I always adopt from a shelter. You took such good care of your fur baby, he knew how much he was loved. I believe you will see him again .

Dinobaby, I agree that dogs are so special and thanks for adopting from a shelter. It is really the best way, isn't it? And so many dogs out there looking for a family! Thank-you for what you have written and that I will see him again. There's nothing I would like better. The house feels empty without his bright, positive spirit. Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said:

OMG, Peachie, I cried so hard reading this! We lost our 17-year-old Yorkie 2 years ago and I still cry for that dog! He was my husband's dog when I married him--never had a dog before. He opened my eyes to pure love and loyalty. I was happy to be his Mommie, since my husband had been single almost the entire time he had him. He loved having a Mom!

We now have two young Yorkies, a brother and sister. I love them like I do my only child. Your story breaks my heart, but there is a special place in heaven for people like you who bring a poor little creature of God gently into the next life. You are brave, strong and deeply loving. May God bless you and comfort you in your hour of grief.

VegasBusinessWoman, thank-you for your tears and sharing. It really restores my faith that there are beautiful people like you out there. Your story about your Yorkie sounds so much like ours in reverse. My husband never had an indoor dog growing up (an outdoor dog very briefly) and totally fell in love with my first Yorkie, Paris (the first) and treated him like a child. He even surfs Yorkie sites and watches Yorkie Youtube videos for fun!

That's great that now you have two young Yorkies, brother and sister... I appreciate your most sweet and kind words - it just seems that animals should always be treated with love and respect. Thank goodness our society is starting to wake up to this truth and go after those who abuse animals. Animals give so much love in return and what we do for them is the least that they deserve. If people treated each other this way, imagine the world we would have!!! Thank-you again for a thoughtful post. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 fuji said:

Peach, I am so sorry for your loss. Pootie was very lucky to have you in his life. My heart goes out to you and your DH.

Hello Fuji, thanks for the condolences and support. I hope all is well with you! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Dallas-Dame said:

I'm sending warmest wishes and heartfelt sympathy to you and yours, Peach. I can feel your pain as I've been through the loss of two dear furry "family members" in the past. Gentle hugs, dear lady.

Dallas-Dame, I can feel your warmth and sympathy and understanding of what it is like to lose dear fur kids. Thank-you for the hugs! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 MollyMoo13 said:

Peach, I hope you feel a little better today! My Aunt recommended this book to me when my special girl Molly died at 13 1/2yrs old (cocker spaniel/poodle mix)-Tails from Beyond by Dr. Ann Redding and Ann Campbell. It really helped----a lot of stories about people and their pets. I also held Molly as she died and the moment she left really does feel like part of your heart is going with them. I guess it kind of does. To this day, that is one of the hardest things I've ever done! Whew!! You are so sweet to answer each and ever one's posts. That in itself shows what a good doggy-momma you are!! Smiley Happy Again, Hang in there and I will continue to hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

MollyMoo13, thanks for the thoughts and excellent recommendation. I am a reader and will definitely get that book. I know it will help to read it. You know from experience what it is like to feel their soul leave and take a piece of your heart along with it. ITA that it is absolutely one of the hardest things I have ever done. I'm sure you were a wonderful mom to Molly and that you will meet her again. It is so difficult, isn't it?

Thank-you, too, for the thoughts and prayers and for sharing your story about Molly. Best wishes~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Oneanddone said:

Hi Peach!

I hope you were able to get some rest last night and feel a little better today.

I've been thinking about you and your DH and your beautiful Pootie today and I hope you feel the love everyone who has posted has given all three of you.

Keeping you, and your DH and of course precious Pootie in my thoughts and prayers.

XOXOXO

OneandDone, you are the best!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thanks for the continuing support. I am shocked and appreciative at all of the kind posts which have really lifted me up. The power of our board is amazing for sure and over the years I could tell you many stories of how it has positively impacted my health, life and choices.

Again, I appreciate your time and attention. I am feeling lucky right now during such a sad time. THANKS! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 jenagal said: Peach, I am so sorry about your loss. Those that take in rescue animals are special people. The animals are so appreciative and seem to know when they have it good. Life has it's ups and downs with them but all the energy expended and the dollars it takes, they are so well worth it. I always seem to have at least one rescue here. Again, I'm so sorry. God bless.

Hey, Jenagal, thanks for taking the time to stop by. Rescues are the way to go and thank-you for being one of those who practices taking them in. Some time ago when I was telling a cousin where we got our dog, he immediately said that was the place where there were just cast-offs and mutts. We know this is so not true. I see that with nearly all the dogs at our shelter, it is very clear which one or two breeds they are and temperaments they possess. People lose and surrender amazing purebreds all the time due to all sorts of situations, from losing their homes to illness to not understanding how to take care of a dog.

Thanks for the sympathy. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/18/2014 lhasapso said:

I am so sorry for your loss. You took wonderful care of him and all your rescues. You have such a kind heart.

Lhasapso, from your nic it sounds like you love a very sweet type of dog. Thank you for saying such nice things. Paris II (Pootie) gave so much more in return. I pray I did him justice. ~Peach