Trusted Contributor

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

Oh,Peachie,I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for and with you. Losing a dog is losing your best friend. They are full of unconditional love and devotion of which most humans are incapable. You will meet again at the end of the rainbow bridge. Deepest sympathies,dear Peach.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/17/2014 BGDC said:
On 10/17/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Peach, I hear in your words a shattered heart, for it's true that the hearts that love the most deeply hurt the most when they lose those close to them. (DH and I, too, have been through pets with serious illnesses requiring literally years of intensive care.)

Pootie was sent to you because God knew you were the best people to take care of him and all of his challenges. And so Pootie found angels on earth who treasured him and showered him with love and care and comfort. He knew that from the first moment he came into your arms; and he knew that as he lay in your arms one last time as he left this earth, enveloped in your love.

Pootie lives among the angels, and I have it on good authority that he's up there, bragging to all the other furbabies he's meeting for the first time, "You know something? My Mom -- and my family -- they were my champions -- they are the best!"

(((LuckyPeach)))

That was very beautifully written, SC. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thanks, BGDC. When you live it and you love them with all the might your heart can muster, the words come naturally. How blessed we are to share this world with them. Smile

Super Contributor

Sammycat,

You said it!!!!!!!! Totally blessed.

Valued Contributor

Peach, I hear in your words a shattered heart, for it's true that the hearts that love the most deeply hurt the most when they lose those close to them. (DH and I, too, have been through pets with serious illnesses requiring literally years of intensive care.)

Pootie was sent to you because God knew you were the best people to take care of him and all of his challenges. And so Pootie found angels on earth who treasured him and showered him with love and care and comfort. He knew that from the first moment he came into your arms; and he knew that as he lay in your arms one last time as he left this earth, enveloped in your love.

Pootie lives among the angels, and I have it on good authority that he's up there, bragging to all the other furbabies he's meeting for the first time, "You know something? My Mom -- and my family -- they were my champions -- they are the best!"

(((LuckyPeach)))

{{{Sammycat}}}~I do remember that you have been through it and the devotion you have also had. You and your DH have been wondrous! If you look at Salon dot com there is a story on the right-hand side that says they proved that pet parents' brains light up nearly the same as the parents of babies. But, we know this is true, right?

Thank-you for the beautiful words. DH and I have often wondered how it happened that I walked by Pootie and his guardian at the exact moment (only one person ahead of them at the outdoor surrender window) just before she would be attended to give him up. We knew they would've looked inside his mouth and at his frailty and taken his life immediately. Our local shelter is famous for this. Those examiner dot com "Please save this dog" stories are almost always from our shelter, if they are talking about Southern California.

It would be wonderful if we get to be with our furkids again, wouldn't it? Love~Peach

Trusted Contributor

We ARE totally blessed to share this world with ALL of the beautiful animals!!

Well said Sammycat!!

Trusted Contributor

On 10/17/2014 LuckyPeach said:

(((LuckyPeach)))

{{{Sammycat}}}~I do remember that you have been through it and the devotion you have also had. You and your DH have been wondrous! If you look at Salon dot com there is a story on the right-hand side that says they proved that pet parents' brains light up nearly the same as the parents of babies. But, we know this is true, right?

Thank-you for the beautiful words. DH and I have often wondered how it happened that I walked by Pootie and his guardian at the exact moment (only one person ahead of them at the outdoor surrender window) just before she would be attended to give him up. We knew they would've looked inside his mouth and at his frailty and taken his life immediately. Our local shelter is famous for this. Those examiner dot com "Please save this dog" stories are almost always from our shelter, if they are talking about Southern California.

It would be wonderful if we get to be with our furkids again, wouldn't it? Love~Peach

I hope and pray we will be Peach!

I would LOVE to be reunited with my furbabies again!!

I know one thing, if that happens, I would NEVER stop smiling!!

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 BGDC said:
On 10/17/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 10/17/2014 BGDC said:

OMG - Peach,

I am so, so, so sorry. I know how you feel having lost my best boy a little more than a year ago, and I know that your heart will be broken for sometime to come. I now can think of him and smile for maybe 30 seconds until I have to change the channel because it's too upsetting.

Pootie died in your arms though, and that was the best he would have hoped for. How lucky you both were to have each other, albeit a short time, and in the end you will remember him as one of the biggest blessings in your life knowing that someday you will be together where sickness doesn't exist. At least that's how I choose to think of it.

With love and sympathy,

BGDC

BGDC, thanks. Very sorry about your boy. I do remember that -please remind me of his name, if you can.

Thank-you for the kind thoughts. Pootie was always very brave throughout his chronic illness and it seemed so unfair for this to happen once he was becoming so robust.

Let us both believe there will be a place in the future without sickness and we can be with the pure love of our pets. Again, thank-you. ~Peach

Pompon was his name, and love and happiness and cuteness was his game!!!! Let's celebrate our beautiful furry friends tonight and know that the sickness that f'd them and us out of more time is now gone and they are rolling in the grass and having a ball with their little brothers and sisters and feeling HEALTHY again. No more suffering.

Please post a picture of a happy time with him. Here is one of Pompom. He looks so big here, but only a little 12 pound coton de tulear and maybe only a year in this photo. Freshly groomed and ready for the 4th of July! xxxxoooo

BGDC, what a wonderful bundle of Pompon love! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Great picture, thanks for sharing!

You are distracting me, thank-you.

You are right about the time thing. I never expected Pootie to make it to 14-15 because of the Pemphigus, but I was begging him to make it to 12. Not my decision, though. It would be great to take away all the suffering. Love~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Oneanddone said:

We ARE totally blessed to share this world with ALL of the beautiful animals!!

Well said Sammycat!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thanks, One. They always touch my heart. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Merrylass said: I had hoped and prayed for his recovery and I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers for you and your family.

Merrylass, you read my other thread and did that? WOW. Thank-you so very, very much. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 MollyMoo13 said:

Peach, I am sitting here just crying. I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my most special, favorite dog 3 years ago and it continues to hurt. Time does help, but the missing seems never go away. Try to think of all the good times, the wonderful life you gave her and just let yourself grieve. Animal lovers are a special breed of people and I truely believe God uses us for his special critters. I mean G-O-D IS DOG spelled backwards! Hang in there and know there are folks out there who understand! (As I'm sure you realize from all the sweet post already!) (((((((Hugs)))))))

{{MollyMoo13}}, thank-you for sharing my grief--it does help. What type was your dog and his/her name? So sorry for your loss. I know, it feels devastating. I agree that animal lovers are different and are so fortunate to know such pure love. Yes, spelled backwards--forgot about that. Thanks for mentioning... I appreciate your taking the time to post. ~Peach