Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

Peach, I hear in your words a shattered heart, for it's true that the hearts that love the most deeply hurt the most when they lose those close to them. (DH and I, too, have been through pets with serious illnesses requiring literally years of intensive care.)

Pootie was sent to you because God knew you were the best people to take care of him and all of his challenges. And so Pootie found angels on earth who treasured him and showered him with love and care and comfort. He knew that from the first moment he came into your arms; and he knew that as he lay in your arms one last time as he left this earth, enveloped in your love.

Pootie lives among the angels, and I have it on good authority that he's up there, bragging to all the other furbabies he's meeting for the first time, "You know something? My Mom -- and my family -- they were my champions -- they are the best!"

(((LuckyPeach)))

Super Contributor

LuckyPeach

As sad and heart-breaking as your story is, it written with such love ! You and Pootie were very ''lucky'' to have found each other. I am so sorry for your loss.

moongirl

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Godspeed Pootie

I'm so very ,very sorry for your loss. I know your heartache.

MalteseMomma, if we didn't have Yorkies (Joan Rivers started me on them), we'd definitely have a Maltese, so loving!

Thank-you for understanding the heartache. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 aprilmom said:

so sorry to hear of your loss peachie...may his memory be a blessing to you always....take care

Aprilmom, thank-you for sending support from my dear Chicago (still missing it!!). ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Ladybug724 said:

I am so, so sorry. Your post literally brought tears to my eyes. I have a little Yorkie too. They are so sweet. I'm sorry for your loss.

Ladybug724, thank-you very much for sharing. From one Yorkie Mom to another...~Peach

Super Contributor

On 10/17/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 10/17/2014 BGDC said:

OMG - Peach,

I am so, so, so sorry. I know how you feel having lost my best boy a little more than a year ago, and I know that your heart will be broken for sometime to come. I now can think of him and smile for maybe 30 seconds until I have to change the channel because it's too upsetting.

Pootie died in your arms though, and that was the best he would have hoped for. How lucky you both were to have each other, albeit a short time, and in the end you will remember him as one of the biggest blessings in your life knowing that someday you will be together where sickness doesn't exist. At least that's how I choose to think of it.

With love and sympathy,

BGDC

BGDC, thanks. Very sorry about your boy. I do remember that -please remind me of his name, if you can.

Thank-you for the kind thoughts. Pootie was always very brave throughout his chronic illness and it seemed so unfair for this to happen once he was becoming so robust.

Let us both believe there will be a place in the future without sickness and we can be with the pure love of our pets. Again, thank-you. ~Peach

Pompon was his name, and love and happiness and cuteness was his game!!!! Let's celebrate our beautiful furry friends tonight and know that the sickness that f'd them and us out of more time is now gone and they are rolling in the grass and having a ball with their little brothers and sisters and feeling HEALTHY again. No more suffering.

Please post a picture of a happy time with him. Here is one of Pompom. He looks so big here, but only a little 12 pound coton de tulear and maybe only a year in this photo. Freshly groomed and ready for the 4th of July! xxxxoooo

Regular Contributor

I had hoped and prayed for his recovery and I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers for you and your family.
Occasional Contributor

Peach, I am sitting here just crying. I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my most special, favorite dog 3 years ago and it continues to hurt. Time does help, but the missing seems never go away. Try to think of all the good times, the wonderful life you gave her and just let yourself grieve. Animal lovers are a special breed of people and I truely believe God uses us for his special critters. I mean G-O-D IS DOG spelled backwards! Hang in there and know there are folks out there who understand! (As I'm sure you realize from all the sweet post already!) (((((((Hugs)))))))

Super Contributor

I wish that all of you would post a picture of your babies. The more the merriment of remembering how beautiful and loving they were and how happy they were to be with us. They are prolly all up there somewhere barking at the troll dogs!!! LOL!

Super Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Peach, I hear in your words a shattered heart, for it's true that the hearts that love the most deeply hurt the most when they lose those close to them. (DH and I, too, have been through pets with serious illnesses requiring literally years of intensive care.)

Pootie was sent to you because God knew you were the best people to take care of him and all of his challenges. And so Pootie found angels on earth who treasured him and showered him with love and care and comfort. He knew that from the first moment he came into your arms; and he knew that as he lay in your arms one last time as he left this earth, enveloped in your love.

Pootie lives among the angels, and I have it on good authority that he's up there, bragging to all the other furbabies he's meeting for the first time, "You know something? My Mom -- and my family -- they were my champions -- they are the best!"

(((LuckyPeach)))

That was very beautifully written, SC. {#emotions_dlg.wub}