Valued Contributor

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

On 10/19/2014 JOJO100 said: OMG Peach, I am so so sorry for the loss of your dear dog Pootie. I know there is nothing that I can say that will take away your pain at this very difficult time but I am hoping that in the future the fond memories of your dear furbaby will make your life a little easier. I know how it feels to lose a dear furbaby and I wished that no one else would have to go through this pain, but unfortunately that is not the case. Just wanted to let you know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. My deepest condolences, JOJO100

JOJO100, I so appreciate your thoughtful post. I AM trying to work on the memories part because as you say, that is exactly what makes it a little easier. It is so hard to lose a furbaby, you are right. Thank-you for the prayers and thoughts. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Issiestorm said:

I have been in your shoes and will be again one day. I lost my beloved Maltipoo in 2010 and before that, my darling Maltese in '99. I have never gotten over either loss, I've just adjusted but even all these years later there are times when something will remind me of one or the other and I still tear up. I have a rescue Pomeranian now.

You mentioned Kirk's Folly in an earlier post, (Jenniefer also was a Yorkie mom) and in one of their newsletters I came across this saying -

"Those of us who choose to surround ourselves with lives more finite than our own, will always be subject to the most heart-wrenching sorrow. Yet we would not have it any other way."

Healing Blessings to you, and I truly believe that you will see your little Pootie again one day.

Issiestorm, first, I have to say I am so sorry for the loss of your Maltese in '99 and Maltipoo in 2010. I do understand that it is impossible to get over the loss completely because they really do become part of your heart. I actually have made up what I call "silly songs" for each dog I've ever had and would sing it to them. Each song is very different. Sometimes I'm in the car and will sing one of the songs and think of that dog.

I hope your rescue Pomeranian goes for a long time!!!

Thanks so much also for bringing up Kirks Folly. Their site will close in another week or two and they are sold out completely. I'm wearing a KF tee shirt as I write this. One can still go to the site and watch their last few shows they did at the house and see Jenniefer's Luna (and...cannot remember her other Yorkie's name).

What a beautiful quote you found from one of Jenniefer's newsletters - thanks for sharing it! Very appropriate. I am really going to miss those, KF and the family.

Thank-you for a lovely post and I hope we can both look forward to the day when we see our pups again! Take care~Peach

Super Contributor

You are so welcome Peach. I totally empathize with people who know what it is to truly love a pet. I feel almost sorry for those who don't know that blessing.

Unfortunately Kirk's Folly's online site closed on October 17. Their factory will officially close on November 1, but their factory sale on October 31 has been cancelled, so it may already have closed as well.

When my Maltipoo died, Jenniefer Kirk sent me a Rainbow Bridge keychain free of charge. It was gestures such as these that made this family so special. I will miss them.

Thank you so much for your good wishes regarding my little Pom. Her name is Peaches, by the way!

Pootie was very blessed to have had someone who loved him so much. I hope that you will let that comfort you in this very sad time.

Valued Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Issiestorm said:

You are so welcome Peach. I totally empathize with people who know what it is to truly love a pet. I feel almost sorry for those who don't know that blessing.

Unfortunately Kirk's Folly's online site closed on October 17. Their factory will officially close on November 1, but their factory sale on October 31 has been cancelled, so it may already have closed as well.

When my Maltipoo died, Jenniefer Kirk sent me a Rainbow Bridge keychain free of charge. It was gestures such as these that made this family so special. I will miss them.

Thank you so much for your good wishes regarding my little Pom. Her name is Peaches, by the way!

Pootie was very blessed to have had someone who loved him so much. I hope that you will let that comfort you in this very sad time.

Issiestorm, that's so kind that Jenniefer sent you the Rainbow Bridge keychain in memory of your Maltipoo. Fantastic family.

By the way, the Kirks Folly site is still up and it is possible to watch their Autumn Mist show and others. I just checked again. I've been going over my orders record there and just received my final order. I know she sent the email saying it would be gone by the end of Friday and I kept checking but I believe that had to do with selling off the last merchandise. So, we can still communicate with them!

Well, of course I love that your Pom and I have something in common. Peach is my childhood nickname. I do agree with your third line, first paragraph BTW.

Last night DH and I went over his Iphone videos of Pootie and got a couple of good screen shots, one of which will become the focus of our holiday photo card this year. It is the least we could do. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness and support. ~Peach

Honored Contributor

Peachy ~ I am so so sorry about your sweet beloved Pootie. He was a well-cared for and well-loved doggie and he knew this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

~ Mick

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Occasional Contributor

Dear Peach, So sorry for your loss; I have a Shih Tzu that I feel so attached to. She came into my life when I really needed to get through an illness. I have also turned my house into a mini hospital and have lost pets in the past. My heart goes out to you.

Love, Stingray (remember me?)

Valued Contributor

On 10/20/2014 MickD said:

Peachy ~ I am so so sorry about your sweet beloved Pootie. He was a well-cared for and well-loved doggie and he knew this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

~ Mick

MickD, Thank-you for the condolences. It still hasn't sunk in, yet. I know dogs are not kids but the pain is very similar - some recent scientific studies have proven this. This thread has helped me a lot to "...get it out there" and I appreciate your taking the time to give me support. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/20/2014 StingRae said:

Dear Peach, So sorry for your loss; I have a Shih Tzu that I feel so attached to. She came into my life when I really needed to get through an illness. I have also turned my house into a mini hospital and have lost pets in the past. My heart goes out to you.

Love, Stingray (remember me?)

{{StingRae}}, of COURSE I remember you! How are you doing and feeling? I'm so happy that you have a great Shih Tzu in your life. It is something --the mini pet hospital thing--, isn't it? Thanks so much for reading my post, saying hello and understanding the loss. Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peach, just checking in to see how you and your family are coping. I wanted also to recommend a brief illustrated book. Although it was initially done for children, it's messages are timeless and it gave me great comfort when our Fergus died. There's a version for cats, too. These are priceless and I still read them often when feeling low about furbabies we've loved and lost:

"For Every Dog, An Angel" -- by Christine Davis.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up about Kirk's Folly Peach! That's great news.