Respected Contributor

A friend just passed by and they are indeed closed. Guess she wanted a new direction.

Here is an article re the sale. Judith will remain the brand's chief designer with the new owner.

http://www.nationaljeweler.com/independents/market-developments/Brand-co-buys-Judit-3349.shtml

Esteemed Contributor

seems like everyone is selling their business to others. Honora and now Ripka. Then of course there have been the various beauty brands to do the same - philosophy, bare minerals and tarte.

gotta strike while the $ is good, so it makes sense from a business perspective.

Honored Contributor

The problem unfortunately is less quality in many cases. Philosophy degraded so badly under Coty that I'll never buy it again. Bare Minerals wasn't the same after it changed hands, the product IMHO wasn't nearly as good. Same thing with Tarte.

I was wondering what happened to Honora. I bought a couple of items and they just weren't the same quality that I had been used to.

And now Ripka? I say more power to them.... but the brand invariably suffers. The old customers who remember how good it was go away and new customers who don't know the difference come aboard. Yup... business.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is old news. The stores have been closed for months now.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Sheesh said:

This may not be 'old news' to all....

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 ellaphant said:
On 1/14/2015 Sheesh said:

This may not be 'old news' to all....

It is 'new news' to me. Thanks for posting ellaphant.

Trusted Contributor

News to me too. But thanks to the Q customers, she is now a very weathy woman.

Honored Contributor

I knew she'd sold her business but thought that was more of less her 'brand' and wasn't aware the stores were closing... I saw just recently where one had closed but just learned here that both NYC stores are not kaput... Wow, I'd surmise she and the family are well fixed, but some of the children and in laws are reasonably young.... One wonders if they'll all retire now or if not, what they'll now do for work.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

And Target is closing all its stores in Canada.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow this is the first time I'm hearing this!