Respected Contributor

Re: Ripka.....Emeralds and Diamonds

On 1/31/2014 Silver Lining said:

Just for comparison purposes, I saw a Ripka bracelet at Sam's Club several months ago. It is eighteen carats of citrine, topaz, amethyst, don't remember what else, maybe garnet. No diamonique or fake stones. The bracelet is still there, priced at $975 plus the 10% sales tax we pay here.

And the difference in price is semi-precious gems vs. emeralds which are precious gems and more rare and therefore more expensive.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

That looks similar to the ""ice cube bracelet"" that is running about $300. I see 4 small emerald stones that are added. WAY over priced.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised to see these emeralds are not doublets, but I'm betting purchasers will not be happy with the quality of the emeralds.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 Sheesh said:
On 1/31/2014 Silver Lining said:

Just for comparison purposes, I saw a Ripka bracelet at Sam's Club several months ago. It is eighteen carats of citrine, topaz, amethyst, don't remember what else, maybe garnet. No diamonique or fake stones. The bracelet is still there, priced at $975 plus the 10% sales tax we pay here.

And the difference in price is semi-precious gems vs. emeralds which are precious gems and more rare and therefore more expensive.

Of course. I understand that and you're right. The emerald and diamonique bracelet still seems very overpriced to me.