Esteemed Contributor

I hope Diamonique will make their rings in half sizes too. After seeing the half sizes sell out on the Amy rings, it should be a cue that half sizes are needed. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think they used to sell 1/2 sizes in their gold rings , but I could be wrong. All the rings they offer that are not gold , guess you can take to a local store to see if it can be sized down .

Honored Contributor

Eterna Gold used to offer half sizes.  In our area it is costing a small fortune to have rings sized, especially if you want to go bigger.  I say why can't you just pound the band out a bit, no, they claim they have to add gold and the price goes way up.  Even having a silver ring reduced is 35.00.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about offering half sizes but if a ring is loose, there are several.inexpensive options on EBay.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I hope Diamonique will make their rings in half sizes too. After seeing the half sizes sell out on the Amy rings, it should be a cue that half sizes are needed. 

Only really fine jewelry might give you a half size.  They don't bother with lower priced jewelry with those sizes because they probably figure you can put a ring guard on it to make it fit. 

The only time I've seen half sizes is when look at estate pieces of great value @Effie54 .  Try getting your local jeweller to give you a sterling ring guard.  You can then size it the way you need to on your hand.  I did this with a lot of gold jewelry that were a six but sometimes turned around on the finger (weight loss/gain).  Not that costly for a ring you don't want to lose.  Just a thought!Woman Wink

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I order from Gem Shopping sometimes, and they always size for me.  Not only do they do half sizes for you, but quarter sizes to.  In case you wear a 6.75, etc.  My left ring finger is smaller then the fingers on my right hand.  So my left finger is 5 1/2 while my right hand finger is 6.75 etc.   Pretty much all the finger sizes on my left and right are like that. I'm left handed by the way.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it.  But yes, I always need at least half sizes.  If I buy from QVC, I move it up to a bigger finger. to expensive to go to a jeweler all the time to re size it.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Eterna Gold used to offer half sizes.  In our area it is costing a small fortune to have rings sized, especially if you want to go bigger.  I say why can't you just pound the band out a bit, no, they claim they have to add gold and the price goes way up.  Even having a silver ring reduced is 35.00.  

@depglass   To size a ring and make it larger, yes the metal is hammered, but needs to be heated first to make it malleable. If there are any stones in the ring, sometimes they need to be removed to protect them from the heat and then reset. If it has to be hammered too much made more than 1/4 size larger, yes, the metal become thinner in that area and additional metal needs to be added to maintain the strength of the band.