Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@SilleeMee: This type of Rhodochrosite is not the only one. There is another variety of the the gem that has an intense red orange color. I think is found in Oregon or Colorado, but I'm not sure.

Yes! I'm familiar with that kind of rhodochrosite. I'm in Colorado and there was a mine, now closed I think, that had some museum-quality gems. The mine was called the Sweet Home Mine. Specimens that came out of that mine were clear or nearly clear and deep raspberry pink in color...gorgeous! You can still find a few pieces around if your lucky @Margui

Super Contributor

Re: Rhodochrosite

[ Edited ]

image.png@SilleeMee:  This is the other variety of Rhodochrosite. A beautiful reddish crystal and its transparent. Different from the banded Rhodochrosite , the "bacon" one as you called. This gem comes from Colorado. 

The ShopLC needs to do a show about this kind of Rhodochrosite, too.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any in my jewelry wardrobe.  I've seen it and that never crossed my mind.  It's true, now I'll think about bacon every time I see it on some shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

I've always wished I'd bought this Carolyn Pollack rhodochrosite bracelet when it was available.  (I know ebay has one, but the listing says it has cracks.)

Rhodochrosite comes from the Greek, meaning rose colored, and the stone is said to have qualities connected with love.  The Incas called it "Inca Rose."

From  https://www.energymuse DOT com/rhodochrosite-meaning

Rhodochrosite "gives us the courage to trust another soul with our vulnerable hearts. It gives us the inner strength to take another chance at love, because even if you fall, the Rhodochrosite crystal will always catch you."

Bacon can't do all that. Woman LOL

Image result for rhodochrosite bracelet carolyn pollack

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee That is hilarious and so true.

Honored Contributor

This is my favorite stone among the Southwestern /Native American choices

I've got a couple of them.  I just adore them since pink is my favorite color.

Maybe I'll post 'em.LOL  Let Kachina have a looky.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rhodochrosite

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

need to clean that stuff, break out my cloth

DSCN0620.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty and bold @SharkE

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Your rhodochrosite is so pretty.  I live those pink stones.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Aren't they a pip ! Did get my cloth out and polish up. Think I'll wear Sun.

Think of that as a summer stone, but, been awhile since wore last.

That big ol' 3 stone cuff I got yrs. ago and paid 150 for no telling what it would be now. Some kind of initials underneath it but can't make it out besides the word 'sterling'. Guess it was the person who made it.

That sleeping bty cuff was made by Carlos Eagle which when I was told that I had no response and the person said "don't you know who that was"? 
"no"  LOL   I just buy stuff I like.

I was in one of Carolyn Pollack's store once think that was in Santa Fe at a little strip mall next to a motel, but, really didn't see anything that grabbed my attention.