Honored Contributor

Re: Remember when Honora offered sterling earrings?

@millieshops @depglass   Geez, store closed no window shopping either. How sad is this, a sign of these times eh?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD I remember one trip to the City store shortly after I’d bought a strand of pearls strung with turquoise from QVC. They were selling an upscale version of it way beyond my comfort zone of dollars, but it was fun to see it.  

Trusted Contributor

I have a few pairs in sterling silver. I remember thinking "what a shame; they've downgraded from white gold to silver". Funny thinking on that now....

I wound up with a few sets of the "good stuff" pearl-wise with moms' passing. No clue when I'll wear them especially as one necklace is simply too small for my neck (she was a petite woman) but they are SO beautiful. Unsure when "real" salt-water pearls became a rarity and "seeded" salt-water pearls became the norm but she definitely invested in the good stuff (or was gifted it).

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Regular Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Bubbles219 wrote:

Remember the days when Honora pearls offered multiple colors sets of earrings in sterling silver?  Now we are supposed to find it a "value" for stainless steel posts rather than sterling. No thank you, I'll pass.

There is nothing wrong with stainless steel posts. They do not tarnish, they are hypo-alergenic, and you can't see them anyway. If they keep the cost down then it is all good. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if you are going to be a snob about something at least pick something that people will see.Smiley Happy

No offense taken.  I am by no means snobbish~  I would just rather spend my hard- earning money on precious metals.