Regular Contributor

Remember when Honora offered sterling earrings?

Remember the days when Honora pearls offered multiple colors sets of earrings in sterling silver?  Now we are supposed to find it a "value" for stainless steel posts rather than sterling. No thank you, I'll pass.

Respected Contributor

Re: Remember when Honora offered sterling earrings?

I do and I have several pair.

Honored Contributor

@Bubbles219 if I didn’t already have pearls and pearls and pearls from the hours of Lisa and Joel, I wouldn’t object to stainless fixings instead of sterling.  I wouldn’t as willingly give up the gold on the few larger pairs of Honora I have.

Trusted Contributor

@Bubbles219 wrote:

Remember the days when Honora pearls offered multiple colors sets of earrings in sterling silver?  Now we are supposed to find it a "value" for stainless steel posts rather than sterling. No thank you, I'll pass.

There is nothing wrong with stainless steel posts. They do not tarnish, they are hypo-alergenic, and you can't see them anyway. If they keep the cost down then it is all good. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if you are going to be a snob about something at least pick something that people will see.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is another great vednor who's going by the wayside. They're not on hardly at all anymore. We all know what this means.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never had Honora Pearls.  I dislike freshwater pearls.  I want pearls from oysters in the south seas.  Did QVC ever offer saltwater pearls?   Love South Sea, Golden & Tahitian Pearls.

Esteemed Contributor

I still have my sterling ones. I agree not doing us any favors with stainless steel. 

Trusted Contributor

Ahhhhhh....the good old days!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD I think it means pearls are a tough sale nowadays.  After I read your post, I Googled Honora wondering if I could still go to their store in NYC.  It looks to me as if all they have now is a repair department on the 14th floor of a building and not the storefront where you could buy strands or choose pearls to have strands made to your preference.  

I'm happy to have the pearls I bought during their glory years at QVC even though I rarely wear them now.  I've offered some, both traditional and the newer colors and shapes, to the younger women in my family.  No takers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think its snobbish to note the downgrading of anything.  Honora used to be a so-called prestige line at QVC, it is no longer marketed that way.  Believe it or not some people can't wear stainless steel.  Their New York store closed years ago.  I look at pearls like fine china and crystal, they just seem too "formal" for most outfits and the newer generations just aren't buying them.