Esteemed Contributor

Remember the KJL inaugural pearl necklaces?

Do you remember the Kenneth Jay Lane inaugural pearl necklaces that were sold on QVC for the 1st Obama inauguration? The necklace strand was made of large faux pearls in various colors. I have both the pastel and the darker toned set. I can't remember which set came out first -- maybe others can help me here if they remember -- but they sure are beautiful faux pearls and so in honor of the inauguration on Friday I wore the deeper colored strand. QVC sure sold some gorgeous KJL fashion jewelry at the time and those KJL faux pearl necklaces remain some of my favorites as they are understated and well made.

Valued Contributor

Re: Remember the KJL inaugural pearl necklaces?

I have the pastel set! And you are right. They are absolutely gorgeous! 

Frequent Contributor

Yup, I have the multi color and never wear them because I always forget about them.  I thought it was for a different President?   So long ago Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

yes i remember.  there was a lot sold and discussed about that event on the Q -  including hosts going to balls, etc.  

Frequent Contributor

I have a 3 strand set that I bought in the 80's from QVC and they came in a red bag.  They really are lovely and no one would know that they were not the real thing.  I wore them in December for an annual Christmas luncheon with a Linea purple velvet button down big shirt (from many years ago) and black pants.  They really dressed up the outfit.

Honored Contributor

Ty1, I was just remembering those the other day!  They were very beautiful on screen, and had that "expensive" look.

Any faux pearls that I have are all one color, and I remember thinking of those Inaugural pearls that the variegation of different shades of pearl in one necklace is unusual to find in faux pearls.  You and others were smart to pick them up at the time.

Valued Contributor

I have the pastel necklace and the bracelet And stud earring  sets. I still wear all of it. I also got the KJL champagne pearls and wear them often as well. Great quality 

Respected Contributor

Available on eBay now, BTW, if anyone is interested. I found the necklace for a buy-it-now price of $35.

Valued Contributor

How long are the necklaces? I've seen a few on ebay labeled as the presidential ones......some 44" and some 18"

Thanks. 

Trusted Contributor