Honored Contributor

Remember Jewelry Shows on July 4 in the Past?

They would present all jewelry in red, white and/or blue.  I have some beautiful rings from those days--very inexpensive in silver  and blue topaz then.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Jewelry Shows on July 4 in the Past?

Black Hills Gold was on.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I loved those shows. I think even though silver is not expensive to use in jewelry making, the workmanship is expensive. The artists and factories make beautiful silver jewelry today.

Trusted Contributor

I recall those days/shows!

I also have a couple of very inexpensive and beautiful blue topaz and silver rings from those RW&B shows. And I have a pear shape solitaire 14k TSV ring that was offered in rhodolite garnet and in london blue topaz (I passed on the white topaz selection). I still wear these with the 14K Claddah/shamrock ring guards that were also a TSV a long time ago on St Pat's day. The jewelry back then was made to last. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

They would present all jewelry in red, white and/or blue.  I have some beautiful rings from those days--very inexpensive in silver  and blue topaz then.

@Daysdee

I loved red, white and blue day.  The silver with semi precious stones was down right CHEAP!

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I recall those days/shows!

I also have a couple of very inexpensive and beautiful blue topaz and silver rings from those RW&B shows. And I have a pear shape solitaire 14k TSV ring that was offered in rhodolite garnet and in london blue topaz (I passed on the white topaz selection). I still wear these with the 14K Claddah/shamrock ring guards that were also a TSV a long time ago on St Pat's day. The jewelry back then was made to last. Smiley Very Happy

I purchased that pear shape 14 K solitaire ring in both rhodolite and blue topaz, too. (also passed on the white topaz)

Respected Contributor

I do remember those red, white and blue Fourth of July jewelry shows - I liked them too!