New Contributor

Recent Golden Kingman Turquoise Purchase

Can  you tell me which size ring would be a better fit for a 10 1/2 ring finger, a size 10 or a size 11?

The one I ordered is beautiful but it's a gift, thus I need the answer bwcause they were sold in whole sizes only.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Recent Golden Kingman Turquoise Purchase

I wear a size 6 on left hand,if i am purchasing for right hand I will size up to a 7.

Honored Contributor

@deanied    You can get sizing devices for a ring that is too large, but a ring that's too small is useless as the owner can not wear it.  Turquoise rings should not be sized by a jeweler as heat will destroy the stone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's the problem with buying rings that cannot be sized as gifts.  It depends on what finger the person will wear it on, it depends on how loose they like their rings to be.  It depends on how the 10 1/2 fits.  It depends on if the person's fingers swell in hot weather or late in the day.  I'll speak for myself.  I wear a size 8 1/2 ring, that's my best fit and my ideal size.  I can get an 8 on my finger but it fits a little tighter than I like and with an 8, I do not have the option of wearing the ring on my middle finger....which I like to do occasionally.  So, I buy size 9's from shopping channels.  Depending on the shank, I sometimes have to wear the size 9 on my middle finger but I am ok with that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took a few QVC silver rings to my jeweler for sizing. They both ran at least a 1/4 size smaller than the QVC advertised size. I always go up in size. 

Valued Contributor

11 i guess.