Trusted Contributor

Re: Received a Pandora Bracelet for Xmas .......Now a Question. ...

I hope you enjoy your Pandora! I have had mine over 3 years and I wear it every day. I remove it at night. I think if you wear it every day, it does not tarnish much. I have had mine cleaned at a pandora store in their tumbler and it did a great job.

Just a tip on putting the bracelet on. At first it was a challenge, but the bracelet does loosen up over time. I found a good way to easily put it on. I pick it up by the middle and let both sides hang down. If the bracelet is stiff and the sides do not hang down much, flip it over and check to see how the sides hang down. When you are holding it so that the sides drop down the most, lay it across your wrist with the clasp end on the inside of your wrist so it is facing your body. Then put your wrist against your body so that it will not fall off. Bring the clasp up and put the end in and click shut.

To remove, I use a guitar pick. I have two, one on my nightstand, one in my coin purse.

Did you get Pandora clips yet? Clips are recommended. Two are put on the threaded sections. When I put charms on the end sections, I also bought two more clips. I put the clips at the ends, clipping them in front of both of the end threaded sections. The clips kept the end charms from twisting onto the threads.

Most charms are threaded onto the bracelet, but some charms slide over the threaded sections. My end clip makes my bracelet feel more secure because when I remove it I know a charm will not slide off the end. Plus I like the look of the two clips at the ends.

Enjoy!

(And so sorry about your doggie.)

Frequent Contributor

I didn't know the Pandora store would clean them; good to know! I enjoy my bracelet, I've had it for a few years and I'm still collecting charms for it. I take it, and all my jewelry, off at night.
Honored Contributor

My daughter gave me one two birthdays ago with three charms that spell out "M O M." I have only taken it off once or twice when having tests in the hospital. Otherwise I leave it on all the time, day and night, showers, etc. One reason is it's hard for me to remove and put on, but mostly, I just want it there, every time I look at it, it reminds me of her.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I take off all my jewelry when I walk in the door & wash my hands. I have 1 snake bracelet with silver, silver with gold, shades of blues, 1 snake bracelet the same but with shades of pinks & purples. I also have a bangle I wear 1 charm on. I have an extra snake bracelet with nothing on it & the newer anodized silver snake bracelet with nothing on it. I get the bracelets free when they have their spend $100 & get a free bracelet promos. I also use a guitar clip to open the clasp. I have been wearing mine over 2 yrs with no tarnish. Enjoy your new bracelet.
Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Nightowlz said: I take off all my jewelry when I walk in the door & wash my hands. I have 1 snake bracelet with silver, silver with gold, shades of blues, 1 snake bracelet the same but with shades of pinks & purples. I also have a bangle I wear 1 charm on. I have an extra snake bracelet with nothing on it & the newer anodized silver snake bracelet with nothing on it. I get the bracelets free when they have their spend $100 & get a free bracelet promos. I also use a guitar clip to open the clasp. I have been wearing mine over 2 yrs with no tarnish. Enjoy your new bracelet.

As you noted, extra benefit is no tarnishing when worn all the time!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

I have a Pandora bracelet, which was a gift. I wear it frequently but not every day. The Pandora store near me told me if was perfectly O.K. to shower and/or swim with it but not to wear it if using harsh cleansers. I admit that I take mine off every night and store it in its little pouch they gave me.

Occasional Contributor

On 1/3/2015 oceantown said:

I hope you enjoy your Pandora! I have had mine over 3 years and I wear it every day. I remove it at night. I think if you wear it every day, it does not tarnish much. I have had mine cleaned at a pandora store in their tumbler and it did a great job.

Just a tip on putting the bracelet on. At first it was a challenge, but the bracelet does loosen up over time. I found a good way to easily put it on. I pick it up by the middle and let both sides hang down. If the bracelet is stiff and the sides do not hang down much, flip it over and check to see how the sides hang down. When you are holding it so that the sides drop down the most, lay it across your wrist with the clasp end on the inside of your wrist so it is facing your body. Then put your wrist against your body so that it will not fall off. Bring the clasp up and put the end in and click shut.

To remove, I use a guitar pick. I have two, one on my nightstand, one in my coin purse.

Did you get Pandora clips yet? Clips are recommended. Two are put on the threaded sections. When I put charms on the end sections, I also bought two more clips. I put the clips at the ends, clipping them in front of both of the end threaded sections. The clips kept the end charms from twisting onto the threads.

Most charms are threaded onto the bracelet, but some charms slide over the threaded sections. My end clip makes my bracelet feel more secure because when I remove it I know a charm will not slide off the end. Plus I like the look of the two clips at the ends.

Enjoy!

(And so sorry about your doggie.)

Yes i did pick up two clips.....each has a star theme as i just love jewelry with a star theme....one has just a single large star that has some crystals in it so it sparkles and the other one is just all silver with stars all over it. Thank you for your kind remark about my dog.......still cant believe he's gone (month ago yesterday ) but its getting easier
Trusted Contributor

maryb83,

I took a look at your two star clips and they are beautiful! Great choice.

Take care and enjoy your bracelet.

Valued Contributor

I have four Pandora bracelets. One is all silver and only half finished. One is rose gold clasp and about four charms and two clips, one is silver and gold, I got the gold clasp bracelet free last year when I spent 500.00 on charms for myself and for Christmas gifts. And then, the last one is one my sister gave me and has been filled with charms of all various brands. All of these bracelets I got free when I purchased at least $100 in charms. Now the only time I buy charms is during these sales that happen a few times a year. I save up for the ones I want and want to give as gifts and then I can get free bracelets. I don't think I will be making any more bracelets as I have the combinations I would like. I am going to concentrate on getting the rose gold one completed and the two tone one completed with some gold clips, etc on that one. I wear my mixed one every day but I take it off every night and when I am around water, etc. I love them and I want a lot of beads LOL. ENJOY!

Beckyblu

Occasional Contributor

On 1/4/2015 oceantown said:

maryb83,

I took a look at your two star clips and they are beautiful! Great choice.

Take care and enjoy your bracelet.

Thank you! Also, thank you to all you lovely ladies who took the time to read this thread and share your thoughts and opinions and descriptions of the bracelets you own!