Trusted Contributor

Re: Received a Pandora Bracelet for Xmas .......Now a Question. ...

Hi maryb83, I usually wear mine every day but take it off at night. All of the charms I've received have special meanings, so I know you'll enjoy yours. And I'm so sorry about your dog.

I was recently in the Pandora shop in Vegas and bought a new rose gold charm. It's so pretty on the silver bracelet!

Super Contributor

On 12/30/2014 NickNack said:
On 12/29/2014 maryb83 said:
On 12/29/2014 customer 5 said: Congrats on your new bracelet. I take mine off to sleep. I never wear it to shower since silver doesn't act the same as gold. I do wear gold jewelry to shower since it doesn't tarnish and stays the same. I say this because I decided to wear some Pandora rings 24/7. Unfortunately they tarnished badly. I shouldn't have showered with them. I can wear silver rings during the day and wash my hands without any issues. Just can't do the forever like I can with gold.
Thank you it has such meaning as the charms on it now are dog related and I'm memory of my beloved boomer. I have lost a dog prior to him but for some reason this dog passing has just shattered me.....hence the bracelet in his honor. I only wear sterling silver as gold looks terrible with my skin tone....I am familiar with the tarnishing that occurs no matter how carefully you treat it.

I had a "heart" dog, too. Your bracelet sounds very special.

How do they clean the bracelets in the Pandora store?

Pandora cleans the bracelets in a machine. However they do not put muranos in there since they are more delicate. Any delicate charms are not put in the machine. Since they would get banged up. You can see this machine in action on "youtube".

Contributor

I hardly wear mine, its just to heavy to wear everyday.When I do wear it I take it off as soon as I get home .... i prefer Alex and Ani now

Occasional Contributor

Thank you ladies for all your thoughts and sharing your stories about your bracelets, also to those of you who expressed sympathy over my dogs passing I thank you for your kind thoughts.

I am going to be of the camp of wearing it during the day and removing it at night to sleep and will not be showering with it on.

I did not know that you could take the bracelets to pandora for cleaning so there it another useful tip I've learned here.

thank you again ladies!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I don't own pandora but I take my bracelets off at night..I wear gold though..I can't get into silver because of the tarnishing factor..it looks good at first but not after a while..

I see tarnish free on several silver items and often wonder if it truly is..then why don't all companies use that process?

I take off necklace, earrings and bracelets at every night.. I do keep my rings on..

I have a routine in the morning or whenever I am getting ready and jewerly is part of it.

Valued Contributor

I find that wearing your silver most of the time, it doesn't tarnish

so much. I've been wearing my Pandora bracelet for over two years every day
and no tarnish. I will admit, it's heavy, but so hard to put on, it's easier for me
just not to take it off!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

I remove all my jewelry before showering/bathing. It seems to gets scum on it just like a tub/shower if I don't.

It's easier to remove.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 customer 5 said:
On 12/30/2014 NickNack said:
On 12/29/2014 maryb83 said:
On 12/29/2014 customer 5 said: Congrats on your new bracelet. I take mine off to sleep. I never wear it to shower since silver doesn't act the same as gold. I do wear gold jewelry to shower since it doesn't tarnish and stays the same. I say this because I decided to wear some Pandora rings 24/7. Unfortunately they tarnished badly. I shouldn't have showered with them. I can wear silver rings during the day and wash my hands without any issues. Just can't do the forever like I can with gold.
Thank you it has such meaning as the charms on it now are dog related and I'm memory of my beloved boomer. I have lost a dog prior to him but for some reason this dog passing has just shattered me.....hence the bracelet in his honor. I only wear sterling silver as gold looks terrible with my skin tone....I am familiar with the tarnishing that occurs no matter how carefully you treat it.

I had a "heart" dog, too. Your bracelet sounds very special.

How do they clean the bracelets in the Pandora store?

Pandora cleans the bracelets in a machine. However they do not put muranos in there since they are more delicate. Any delicate charms are not put in the machine. Since they would get banged up. You can see this machine in action on "youtube".

Thank you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I gifted myself a Pandora bracelet for Christmas, no charms yet though (purchased two clips to start), and am using the Lori Greiner silver safe keeper gem box H198349 to store it. Fits perfectly inside!
Super Contributor

I also find my bracelet heavy and hard to put on. I use a bracelet buddy. I have many charms with special meaning, like the ones i bought in England, France and Italy.