Trusted Contributor

Re: Really frustrated at TSV diamond ring presentation

@Karnerblue wrote:

How many other times during the day did they present this?  Probably more than just the one you're complaining about.  Also, the video shows an excellent presentation.

R-E-A-D post #7.

Valued Contributor

This is how I feel when they model blouses with a sweater on it, or a model has her hair all over the place covering the jewelry she is supposed to be showing but you can't see it for all the hair in the way.

Honored Contributor

My friend who is looking for 5 stone ring for her 20th anniversary said the same thing!  She's  also a long time QVC shopper was waiting for the ring to be shown.  I think she said, she saw two presentations but the ring was never shown on a live model.  And the host was pushing the ring guards pretty hard.  She wanted white gold but she passed on it because she didn't want to risk being disappointed if it turned out to be too dinky.  She wasn't interested in the ring guards, which we both think were being sold to "beef up" the ring.  Daughter #2 wears a 5 stone band similar to that as her engagement ring and after the wedding, it will be her wedding band.  They opted for 1.5 cts because the 1ct bands were smaller than they wanted. 

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

How many other times during the day did they present this?  Probably more than just the one you're complaining about.  Also, the video shows an excellent presentation.

That's not really the point.  Not everyone can catch multiple presentations.  Perhaps the one the OP was watching was all she could catch for the day. 

I saw part of one presentation yesterday with JRT.  My first and only viewing and when I flipped over, first she had it on with ruby ring guards and then she had 2 together.   

Contributor

thisRe: Really frustrated at TSV diamond ring presentation

I was very interested in this ring, but I never heard the important details of color and clarity.  Did I miss it and were these mentioned?  I also want to see it on the hand without anything else.  Leave off the ring guards and other rings.  Do these rings come with a GIA certificate or some like that?  I'm being immensely nitpicky,  however could the hosts with less than appealing hands just let the model show it?  It's distracting to see someone with knobby knuckles model it.  Some of us have parts that just don't model items well.  For instance I would never model shoes.  My feet would scare the most fearless person ever. Apologies for any offenses. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: thisRe: Really frustrated at TSV diamond ring presentation

@TNRatPack wrote:

I was very interested in this ring, but I never heard the important details of color and clarity.  Did I miss it and were these mentioned?  I also want to see it on the hand without anything else.  Leave off the ring guards and other rings.  Do these rings come with a GIA certificate or some like that?  I'm being immensely nitpicky,  however could the hosts with less than appealing hands just let the model show it?  It's distracting to see someone with knobby knuckles model it.  Some of us have parts that just don't model items well.  For instance I would never model shoes.  My feet would scare the most fearless person ever. Apologies for any offenses. 

@TNRatPack ,

No, you didn't miss anything, Peyton Kelley never gave specifics about the color/clarity of the diamonds.  This is my one beef with their presentations of the Affinity diamond line.  They 'dumb down' the specifics instead of just being transparent about the quality of the diamonds like Evine is.  I listened closely to Peyton's comments about color/clarity during one of the TSV presentations.

Peyton said the diamonds were 58 facets, 'near colorless' and with some 'slight includions' visible under 10x magnification or under a microscope.  Does this mean the diamonds are G-H/SI?  Who knows?!  It's a mystery.

I do know that I purchased a few Sonia Bitton diamond rings from SNBC back in the day and they described the diamonds as G-H/SI (color was G to H, clarity was Slightly Included) and the diamonds were beautiful, clear, white, sparkly.  I never saw any inclusions when I inspected them with a 10x jeweler's loupe, so I know that I would be happy with diamonds from a shopping channel if they were G-H/SI.  With the Affinity line, I never know what I'm getting and it annoys me that QVC won't pony up the specifics of the color/clarity of the diamonds they sell.