Respected Contributor

Really frustrated at TSV diamond ring presentation

What the heck were they thinking?????

Host was Mary something.  She was part of the problem.  It is a 5 stone diamond band ring.  I am looking for sort of an anniversary ring, so I was interested in this.

She sat with the rings in the holders, talking, for a long time.  I really needed to see it on a model.  When they FINALLY go to model, she is wearing it with EMERALD "ring guards" on both sides of it.  To my eye, totally distorted what I was trying to see.  They go to the host wearing it (finally) and she says she has her wedding ring on with it.  A small gold band on TOP of the TSV ring.  She waxes eloquently about her wedding ring, never takes it off, husband love of her life, blah blah.  OK FINE, show me the ring ALONE.  She never removed the band ring to show the TSV ring alone.

FINALLY, when I am ready to change the channel, am totally irritated with the whole thing, they show model with the white gold choice, on its own.  I am possibly looking at the yellow gold, so, there goes that.

I don't mind seeing variations on the product, but SHOW IT ALONE FIRST.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Really frustrated at TSV diamond ring presentation

This is how I feel when I watch Colleen showing rings on the other station.  She is forever showing all the different choices of ring on one finger, never alone.  Drives me bonkers.  I cannot see what the ring looks like when it's jumbled up with others.

Lisa Mason (love her!) was pretty bad about always showing rings stacked, never alone.

The presentation with Antonella at midnight was fairly decent.

Super Contributor

Agreed. I do think the hosts are forced to "upsell" everything though. The same thing is done with clothing. Totally frustrating.

Respected Contributor

If you make your customer mad, you're not going to sell anything!  I stopped watching.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Well, when I had QVC on earlier during the Affinity Diamond hour which of course they mostly spent on the TSV, they showed the ring alone most of the time with short snippets of it with the gemstone ring guard. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How many other times during the day did they present this?  Probably more than just the one you're complaining about.  Also, the video shows an excellent presentation.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I understand the OP's frustration.  She may not have been able to hang around her TV to wait for more presentations on that ring.  It's not like it's a $100 piece of Diamonique.......that ring is a considered purchase, so she would want to see it from every angle before making the decision to order.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  Ms Hyacinth - pull up the video in Jennifer Coffey's show (with Payton) which was the 11AM show today.  She has an excellent video on this ring.  Jennifer does great presentations of any show she hosts.

I think you'll get a good showing of today's tsv and I think you'll get a good understanding as to whether or not to make this purchase.

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I understand the OP's frustration.  She may not have been able to hang around her TV to wait for more presentations on that ring.  It's not like it's a $100 piece of Diamonique.......that ring is a considered purchase, so she would want to see it from every angle before making the decision to order.

You are exactly correct!  That's why they show things at different times of the day.  I knew they would show this at 2am, because they always show the TSV again at that time.  I gave it a LOT of time to get to what I wanted to see - just the ring worn on its own - in both colors.

I don't think I need to wait for another time of the day - and I can't anyway.  I wanted to see the ring ON to see how far the diamonds went across the finger until you could see the band.  Of course it's beautiful in the ring holder, but I wanted to see it to scale on someone's FINGER.  Not with the distraction of the host's wedding ring (she could have put the TSV ring on her right hand) or ring guards that are green (emeralds).  I also wanted to see both the white gold and yellow gold on the finger.  Model eventually had white gold, but I never saw the yellow gold alone on someone's finger.  I tend to gravitate toward yellow gold, but I was interested in the white too on this item.  For about $1,200, I feel I had the RIGHT to expect to see it all ways!

After all the years QVC has been operating, they don't know what real customers want to see?  They usually want to see an item ALONE, without the distraction of other items.  For a white/yellow gold choice, they want to see both choices (in a $1200 ring).  Show optional looks AFTER.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

What the heck were they thinking?????

Host was Mary something.  She was part of the problem.  It is a 5 stone diamond band ring.  I am looking for sort of an anniversary ring, so I was interested in this.

She sat with the rings in the holders, talking, for a long time.  I really needed to see it on a model.  When they FINALLY go to model, she is wearing it with EMERALD "ring guards" on both sides of it.  To my eye, totally distorted what I was trying to see.  They go to the host wearing it (finally) and she says she has her wedding ring on with it.  A small gold band on TOP of the TSV ring.  She waxes eloquently about her wedding ring, never takes it off, husband love of her life, blah blah.  OK FINE, show me the ring ALONE.  She never removed the band ring to show the TSV ring alone.

FINALLY, when I am ready to change the channel, am totally irritated with the whole thing, they show model with the white gold choice, on its own.  I am possibly looking at the yellow gold, so, there goes that.

I don't mind seeing variations on the product, but SHOW IT ALONE FIRST.

Hyacinth

ITA with you regarding presentations of jewelry.  They do this ALL the time.  show it on a model!!!  I don't care how it looks in the ring holder.  I am not buying it to look at it in a ring holder, I am buying it to wear it on a finger (or in my ear, etc) so I need to see it on a model for frame of reference.  

and you're right when they do finally show it, it's often useless:  camera way too far away or shown paired with something that is sa separate purchase.  You can't even go online to look at a picture because 90% of the jewelry items online do not show photo of it on a model.