Respected Contributor

Ready for American West jewelry Monday?

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 6.13.15 PM.png

Looks like a number of shows on Labor Day, including a 2-hour show with Rick. Also a 2-hour show tonight (for Pacific Coast folk) at 10 pm (PT).

Last visit I picked up:

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 6.19.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 6.20.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 6.20.30 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Ready for American West jewelry Monday?

@1Professor Yes! I hope to see a show or watch the videos afterward!! The colorful pieces you chose last time are very nice; I especially love the pendant! Heart

I have the ring you posted above in Lapis; it is the perfect size and reasonably priced. I am thinking of getting one or two other colors in that ring.

I am also intrigued by the three-strand turquoise necklace. I will watch the presentation to get a better view of the size of the turquoise pieces.

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@1Professor Yes! I hope to see a show or watch the videos afterward!! The colorful pieces you chose last time are very nice; I especially love the pendant! Heart

I have the ring you posted above in Lapis; it is the perfect size and reasonably priced. I am thinking of getting one or two other colors in that ring.

I am also intrigued by the three-strand turquoise necklace. I will watch the presentation to get a better view of the size of the turquoise pieces.

@EdithEllenLily   Yes, turquoise strands also draw me, but I fortunately have a wardrobe of Navajo turquoise strands (lots of them), some made by a 95 year old artisan I met at Indian Market in Santa Fe.

Glad to hear about the ring, because I would love the spiny oyster or variscite ...

Honored Contributor

I might be tempted by some earrings

Honored Contributor

I have more American West jewelry than I care to mention, but I will indeed watch the shows.

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily you said you have the ring referenced above. How does the sizing run? I always wear a size 5 in rings with narrow bands. Sometimes, if the band is wide as with this ring, I can wear a 6. But I do recall ordering a ring with a very wide band from Carolyn Pollack in a size 6 thinking it would work but it was way too big. This ring: 

Dumb me ordered it in three colors and had to return them ALL for a smaller size...and this was before free exchanges were offered. I was out a lot of money! Hoping you can comment if the oval gemstone concha ring runs big or small. Thanks for any help. All the colors are pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily 

I saw the presentation of the 3-strand turquoise necklace early this a.m.  ... and suffice to say, I just blew my budget for the whole American West visit this weekend.  

Carolyn said it took months and months on this very special piece ... I'm hoping my stones are as blue and beautiful as they appear online.  

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped When I ordered my lapis ring at a previous visit, I found it ran true to size. I chose the size for my middle finger on my right hand. I like to wear rings on that finger because I can see the design on the ring's edges that way. Let's hope that this new grouping of rings is still true to size! Also, don't forget that QVC offers free exchanges in case you need another size (providing that the other size is still in stock). Good luck and let us know if you receive one and which color! I have other turquoise rings, but I did order this one in turquoise because I like my lapis ring so well. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@EdithEllenLily 

I saw the presentation of the 3-strand turquoise necklace early this a.m.  ... and suffice to say, I just blew my budget for the whole American West visit this weekend.  

Carolyn said it took months and months on this very special piece ... I'm hoping my stones are as blue and beautiful as they appear online.  

@SoX I am SO EXCITED for you!! Woman Very Happy

I just watched the video and this necklace is extraordinary. I am thinking about ordering it, too. I would love to have it!

Come back and tell us what you think about it when you receive your blue beauty. I love all of that matrix!! Enjoy, EEL 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily @SoX @blackhole99 @software @pupwhipped  @Bird mama + all

I ordered the (affordable) concha ring in spiny oyster last night; love the tangerine colors which enhance all my turquoise. I suspected that color would sell out (often does) and, sure enough, it is basically on Wait List for every size but one.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 7.33.18 AM.png

For ring sizing, like @EdithEllenLily, I prefer to wear major rings on my middle or index finger, right hand. However, I ordered this one in size 6 because it is smaller than the large statement rings I have AND because both my right and left hands are size 6 on my ring finger. So I can switch.

My middle and index finger on my left hand are size 7 and on my right hand size 8. Anyone else notice that one hand is a larger ring size? (I am right-handed.)