Honored Contributor

Re: ROBERT LEE MORRIS...GONE from the Q ???

It's probably hard for the big name designers to bring products in at the price points that Q wants. Also, Q has strong competition from other shopping channels that don't rely on big names designer. I think most want great jewelry, there's no desire to pay more just because it comes with a designer's name. We all know the R L M piece you get here is not the same jewelry he sells in his boutique. Same with the others. Jewelry customers are more knowledgeable now.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is becoming the infomercial channel.

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2014 MissLynn said:

Robert has said on his Facebook page that he will be back.

In the Designer Sterling event, Robert has one little show in the wee hours. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

It's an individual thing, for sure, but they've dumped others I'd rather see back than this one. Not usually a big fan of his designs. Still, the point remains the same. Anymore, there's just way too much repetition of the same handful of brands and a real lack of variety.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2014 KentuckyWoman said:

I woke up at 5:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I turned on the TV. Rachael was on with RLM jewelry and most items are on clearance. I guess he is being phased out. It is sad. I have so many pieces from his early days at QVC and I reach for them often. I love his organic approach to design. I guess nothing lasts forever.

ETA: Just noticed the TSV is a Dyson. I wonder how many Dyson vacuums have been the Sunday TSV in the past year??

I agree....couldn't BELIEVE there was another Dyson TSV............between that the and the beauty products, sleep number and i pads.............that is all QVC seems to be about lately. It must pay off sadly.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2014 kelsey17 said:
On 1/12/2014 KentuckyWoman said:

I woke up at 5:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I turned on the TV. Rachael was on with RLM jewelry and most items are on clearance. I guess he is being phased out. It is sad. I have so many pieces from his early days at QVC and I reach for them often. I love his organic approach to design. I guess nothing lasts forever.

ETA: Just noticed the TSV is a Dyson. I wonder how many Dyson vacuums have been the Sunday TSV in the past year??

I agree....couldn't BELIEVE there was another Dyson TSV............between that the and the beauty products, sleep number and i pads.............that is all QVC seems to be about lately. It must pay off sadly.

Let's not forget Dell, HP, Vitamix, Keurig, Sleep Number and Bose... Variety is SO no longer their strong suit.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 1/12/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/12/2014 lianne said: His line went downhill as soon as he added brass to everything. I am sure that was a Q decision to lower his prices. The brass oxidizes and it's hard to clean.

I don't think that's it ... he's always used brass. I think people forget that Robert started in fashion jewelry, not precious metals.

I didn't really expect him last night. It was clearly going to be a clearance show.

All Robert Lee Morris jewelry outside of QVC is fashion jewelry. He only does (did?) sterling for QVC. He like many others has gone for the money. The designs he had on in the last year or so weren't all that great or unusual and were way overpriced because of his name.

Super Contributor

Here's what RLM is up too; link

Trusted Contributor

It says ""site under maintenance.""

Super Contributor

Trying it again. The link works for me. It's an article at the craftcouncil.org.