Super Contributor

Re: ROBERT LEE MORRIS...GONE from the Q ???

There may have been reasons why they couldn't negotiate a deal with RLM now that Haskell owns his line. At best, unless he has a minority financial stake, he'd be just a spokesperson for the jewelry. It's too bad.
Valued Contributor

His line went downhill as soon as he added brass to everything. I am sure that was a Q decision to lower his prices. The brass oxidizes and it's hard to clean.
Honored Contributor

I would make a bet that the Q started demanding that he make products with all of their fake stuff and he refused. They got others to do it, but I think he's too much of a purist.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

On 1/12/2014 Sakuya said:

Did someone post here a while ago that he sold his company? Still designing, but it is not his company anymore?

(NEW YORK) Robert Lee Morris has a new owner in Haskell Jewels, which purchased the brand from Clover II Corporation, the parent company that purchased RLM in 1998

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2014 lianne said: His line went downhill as soon as he added brass to everything. I am sure that was a Q decision to lower his prices. The brass oxidizes and it's hard to clean.

I don't think that's it ... he's always used brass. I think people forget that Robert started in fashion jewelry, not precious metals.

I didn't really expect him last night. It was clearly going to be a clearance show.

Regular Contributor

Maybe his jewelry line is replaced with Susan Graver! LOL!

I love her liquid knit but cannot stand her jewelry line, so gaudy!

I agree, I have some designer pieces that I love from RLM, and I am sorry to see

more vacumes, tablets, etc.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I wonder what happened to all of them? I only bought maybe 3 pieces of his. I have a kind of silver platter that he sold on Q.

Never used it. It's still in the box.

Why can't we have more of a variety?

Honored Contributor

I remember how much he liked having the red headed model Kate as his model. Was she on with him?

Valued Contributor

On 1/12/2014 10sluvr said:

i still miss joe espisito. i have some jade and marasite that i bought, yrs ago and still love. i know the $$ of metals changed the jewelery stock, but i bet the designers would have worked with the q, for better prices.

Joseph Esposito was a classy guy, and I have several pieces of his equestrian jewelry that I got from QVC and that were made in the good old USA in RI. They are VERY high quality. Too bad his jewelry is not offered any longer.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Contributor

Robert has said on his Facebook page that he will be back.