Esteemed Contributor

Re: RLM's NEW Jewelry Coming to Q… Lisa R. gave sneak peek NOW

I looked at 3 Robert Lee Morris facebook pages and didn't find what you mentioned. Could you please provide a link?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

ZOOM +

SELLING AT NEIMAN MARCUS

Robert Lee MorrisOval-Cutout Large Silver Cuff Bracelet

Oval-Cutout Large Silver Cuff Bracelet $595.00
  • Silver-plated brass.
  • Oval cutout.
  • Opening for slip-on style.
  • 6 3/4" inside circumference.
  • 3 1/2" at widest.
About Robert Lee Morris "Texture" Collection:
"Texture", Robert Lee Morris' new collection for fall and winter, celebrates mass and volume in jewelry. He has combined an iconic blend of materials and forms that work perfectly with the fabrics and shapes of this seasonal shift in fashion. These triple row necklaces and matching double wrap bracelets were originally made for Donna Karan's Fall 09 runway show. The combination of mixed elements and iconic design make these pieces true collectors items.

COLOR: SILVER
CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

I saw the silver plated brass at NM-I'd appreciate the link to where it talks about bronzo.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I used to buy RLM mostly as gifts for my sisters and niece. My niece in particular loved his silver designs. I did buy some silver earrings for myself which I love, and also a ring, but I distinctly remember ordering a silver bracelet that I returned because it just wasn't 'me'. However, no way was that a super expensive piece. I'm really stunned at how much silver has gone up. I agree with the ladies here, that bracelet is beautiful but I wouldn't want it unless it was sterling silver. His sterling pieces were always so beautiful.

Valued Contributor

I was a big collector of Robert's work when they were bold sterling magnificent pieces. I sold wittier a few though over the years but I kept special pieces. When he went to mixed metals I had terrible tarnishing an discoloration. It was awful to have to clean before I put them away in a safe keeper and then have to polish before wearing. About six months ago I looked at his website and the prices were as big as the jewelry but they were all SILVER TONE or GOLD TONE. I have a number of Bronzo Italia pieces and they are perfect, keep color, no maintenance at all, I love them. CP mixed metals are coated so they do not tarnish or discolor so I love them too. I'm interested to see how his line returns to the Q and how well it it received.
Respected Contributor

I have seen his stuff at Neiman's. It is all gorgeous! They are all large and bold. It reminded of the kind of classy looking jewelry and belt buckles he did for Donna Karan. I am glad he is bringing his Neiman stuff to QVC.

Occasional Contributor

The prices charged are so NOT for the metal content, but for the design and to make a large profit for the sellers. Silver, no matter what the hosts are telling us, is just not that expensive at under $20 an ounce. Yes - it has gone up quite a lot from several years ago, but it was cheap then and still so now. At $595 for this bracelet in silver the buyer is paying a markup of several hundred percent -- and for a slight bit of silver over bronze the percent markup is now in the thousand range. If you love it then buy it - but you should realize that it is a fun piece and not an investment piece.
Super Contributor

The new cuff is white bronze J293812 for 179.00 on 5 ezpays.

Esteemed Contributor

LINK

Love it but would be constantly removing it in order to work on my computer.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 gardensla said:

LINK

Love it but would be constantly removing it in order to work on my computer.

Oh..love this and the other one GF posted that had a different cut out. Yes, I agree with it not being suitable for desk work. Same with the metal, wood, plastic bangles. Too much noise & interference for the office. I just wear these types of bracelets during social outings.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri