Highlighted
Contributor

All RLM jewelry is on clearance price.  He is leaving QVC too?  Halston left and Judith Ripka left, what is going on?  Halston was my favorite line in clothing and RLM was my favorite line in jewelry along with imperial silver.    I have many of his sterling pieces from years ago and now his new line.  The price of silver and gold increased so much it is not affordable to purchase it anymore for me unless it is on clearance price.    

Respected Contributor

@hardware mom 

I have seen his jewelry in better department stores.

Honored Contributor

@hardware mom  I have seen (and bought) his jewelry at TJ Maxx, all under $20. I even got a gorgeous pair of his earrings on clearance there  for $12.99.

Honored Contributor

i am slowly buying what is left that i like. some show up on lunchtime specials. i even like his bronze pieces. they have a ton of shine and are substantial in weight.

i do miss him on QVC. love his design aesthetic.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I love him and his pieces but he has been very scarce for a long time

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought RLM silver jewelry on EBay; there's a lot and the prices are great!

Honored Contributor

I quit buying RLM when he started using bronze or brass or whatever that non-sterling stuff was.  And this was way before the current increase in silver prices.  I thought the last silver price increase didn't warrant his abandoning sterling completely.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I quit buying RLM when he started using bronze or brass or whatever that non-sterling stuff was.  And this was way before the current increase in silver prices.  I thought the last silver price increase didn't warrant his abandoning sterling completely.  

@depglass   I think the Q limited his artistic talents by requiring certain pieces that sold well. They may have been the larger pieces and although silver prices may not gone up yet, some of his large cuffs would be too heavy to wear in molded or cast silver.

Brass or bronze is still considered to be a "noble" metal by jewelers and I use it all the time mixed with silver to create two tone pieces and keep the price down by not having to use gold. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Carolyn Pollack jewelry and sometimes she uses brass or copper which is a " no buy" from me.  I made an exception with her collaborative necklace, which has a little brass.  I would have been glad to spend $50 more for gold ( even 10k ) but I love that piece.

Honored Contributor

Re: RLM JEWELRY

[ Edited ]

Shanus, I remember one of his first open basket weave cuffs.  I dithered and dithered on buying it, but didn't.  Eventually I was glad when I started reading problems on here with it tarnishing.  So how do I clean it?