Honored Contributor

I know this subject has been discussed here many times. Yesterday, I watched a few Ripka items (especially the huge rolo link bracelet w/ Diamonique for $359.). The Jewelry Clearance show w/ Antonella had been on earlier and a similar bracelet (also made in Italy) was shown for much less. I wouldn't pay that much for a silver bracelet that had CZ stones on it!! Why cheapen a piece with fake stones? Either use zircon, white topaz, etc. or leave them off completely. 

Having both shows on so closely to each other really showed we would be paying for the Ripka name.

Super Contributor

I agree we are paying for the name.  Another name we pay a high price for is Tova.  Her items are similar to regular diamonique pieces, but so much more expensive.

Honored Contributor

@appm wrote:

I agree we are paying for the name.  Another name we pay a high price for is Tova.  Her items are similar to regular diamonique pieces, but so much more expensive.

@appm   But Tova's designs are unique and not that much more. 

Honored Contributor

well you/we are always paying for the name, but they really hiked up the prices in the past years

I look at the pieces I got years ago for $100 and they would be at least 2x or 3 now,  and she isn't even there to rep the brand   

and IMO I don't think Ripka is a big brand out in retail now much either 

Honored Contributor

That has always been my problem with the Ripka QVC line.  All that cheap cz at exhorbitant prices.  Even the gemstone pieces are are low cost semi precious stones....with cz's.  I love jewelry but I want value for my money and there's certainly nothing prestigious collectible about Ripka QVC jewelry.  The vast majority, if not all, shopping Channel jewelry designers moved to diamond cut white zircon for accents, years and years ago.  White topaz does not give a diamond look the way that white zircon does. I won't lie, back in the day I bought more than my fair share of everyone's cz jewelry too.  A few years ago, I gave it all away to anyone who wanted it.  I kept a few special pieces that are set in gold.   

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That has always been my problem with the Ripka QVC line.  All that cheap cz at exhorbitant prices.  Even the gemstone pieces are are low cost semi precious stones....with cz's.  I love jewelry but I want value for my money and there's certainly nothing prestigious collectible about Ripka QVC jewelry.  The vast majority, if not all, shopping Channel jewelry designers moved to diamond cut white zircon for accents, years and years ago.  White topaz does not give a diamond look the way that white zircon does. I won't lie, back in the day I bought more than my fair share of everyone's cz jewelry too.  A few years ago, I gave it all away to anyone who wanted it.  I kept a few special pieces that are set in gold.   

me too

Honored Contributor

I was never a big Ripka fan.  Most of her pieces were over the top for me and just too expensive.  I haven't even seen it presented in a few years.

I have some wonderful white zircon items I got from JTV.  In fact, I'm wearing a pair of inside/outside hoop earrings today that are a staple in my wardrobe and many assume they are diamond hoops.  I've had them for years.  I also own several white zircon rings that people think are diamonds.

However, I do own my fair share of Bella Luce and all of it is gorgeous.  But, none of it was expensive at all.  I have a fairly new eternity band in Bella and I have been stopped in the store over it, clients have commented on it, people in restaurants have commented and most recently I was in physical therapy and the therapist apologized but said she had to stop for a minute to ask about my ring because it was so pretty.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, very overpriced jewelry.  I do have a couple of pieces of her line and they are pretty but certainly not worth what I paid.  I actually went into one of her stores once in Atlantic city and was mortified by being followed around by a securtiy person.  Yikes, what a turnoff, and the prices in her stores, OMG!!!!!!!  Totally lost interest in her line after that experience.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal 

Omg...   I had that experience too.  Years ago, when hubby and I were in NYC, we went into the Judith Ripka Boutique.  I just wanted the experience.  I wanted to see what her couture line was like.  I even considered buying a piece in gold but the prices for just a small citrine ring in gold were ridiculously high.  No diamonds, just a citrine and not the best of citrines and the ring was close to $2000.  And then when it became apparent that we were not customers, some security person started following us around.  I remember hubby took me by the elbow and said  "keep moving, keep moving, we're being steered to the door"  LOL 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

i like the style of some of the Ripka pieces. At QVC they were too costly. but found a couple pieces that were quite affordable on ebay and snatched them right up. that was a few years ago. i recently noticed the prices for Ripka there are also high nowadays, too. so i got lucky.