Honored Contributor

RIPKA DIAMONIQUE ESTATE BRACELET

Has anyone ordered/received this bracelet? It's been presented on every JR show, silver show, Diamonique show, Jeweley gifts....what's up? Something not great about it other than being a little flashy? Too much inventory? It seems even at sale prices that bracelet "directly from couture collection" and the matching bar necklace are in every jewelry presentation. Like or dislike?

Honored Contributor

Re: RIPKA DIAMONIQUE ESTATE BRACELET

@Shanus If it's the one I'm thinking, I ordered it, received it and had to send it back.  It has some weird (different) safety catch on it.  

It would not close and stay closed.  I tried it over and over.  I liked the bracelet but it just would not stay connected.  I blame it on the catch,

Respected Contributor

I saw it presented a few days ago when she was there.  I read the reviews and decided not to order it.  I read many complaints about a defective clasp and the fact the piece was somewhat lightweight for the price.  They are presenting it quite often so they must have more than a few in inventory.

Super Contributor

I lost her expensive "ice cube" bracelet due to a defective clasp.  However, I really liked the bracelet so I took a chance and ordered another; that one lost a stone.  The bracelet was over $350 if I recall correctly.  The poor quality for that price is just unacceptable. So now I look at JR pieces and admire some but just don't buy.  I can't keep taking chances.... 

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman Glad to see the problem wasn't just my ignorance....Ha!  I thought I'd go crazy trying to figure out the lock in the first place then when I finally did, it kept falling off.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I figured it was either the design or the way the closure worked. Don't you think if that many ladies are having trouble w/ it and losing it, the Q should stop selling it, rework the design and then present it w/o any problems? What's the point of continuing to show a piece of jewelry that obviously is faulty?

Honored Contributor

Not able to speak to the bracelet in question. Thought share my thoughts on new JR items received. New stainless steel watch! Design outstanding!! Chose this after comparing chrono watch side by side. Gifted my Diamond Gucci 1300 watch to DIL few years ago after she gave birth to my GS. Love this watch more!! Even sleep in it. Along with the watch purchased two new Verona bracelets and very popular *as is* bracelet wear all three together only remove to shower. Enjoying each item beautifully designed and solid weight yet comfortable. Hope everyone finds something to treasure as much as I do mine. Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year.
Honored Contributor

I love the look of this bracelet too and wondered the same things.  After reading the reviews I decided not to order.

Her clasps having problems are not a new development.  She has had issues with a ton of her bracelets (some more than others)... which floors me because a clasp is not a hard concept.  Having one in silver is more of a challenge because silver is a softer metal and some of the clasps loosen up, but there are also clasps designed out there in silver that are excellent! Why hasn't this been permanently addressed and corrected?  Especially at the horrific price points she (and QVC) charges?

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@cgil wrote:

I lost her expensive "ice cube" bracelet due to a defective clasp.  However, I really liked the bracelet so I took a chance and ordered another; that one lost a stone.  The bracelet was over $350 if I recall correctly.  The poor quality for that price is just unacceptable. So now I look at JR pieces and admire some but just don't buy.  I can't keep taking chances.... 

I remember Shawn used to rave over that very bracelet, it was lovely.  Then on one show I noticed it too had a stone missing (she did not realize it).  Many days later on her social media pages she mentioned she had it fixed, and she started wearing it again.  You were not alone.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus It's definitely the lock.  It's very strange.  Maybe rich people use those locks, I wouldn't know.  The metal wraps around the lock and clicks over it.  The problem is it won't push into the lock so you can wrap the metal around it so it falls off!

Here's the video from QVC where Nancy explains the catch:

blob:http://www.qvc.com/95dad629-7108-433c-8ab4-a8de9785f9f3