Regular Contributor

REVIEW OF THE MORGANITE SOLITAIRE RING: J280752

Lately I have not been enamoured w/ Judith's really high priced items, but as soon as I saw this one, I felt I just HAD TO have it! I received it yesterday, & from the minute I opened the box, it was true love! The oval stone sits high on the ring & looks bigger than 4.5 carats. The color of the stone is what I would call "pink champagne". Now our resident gemologist, sammycat, has posted that really good morganite is not a peachy pink, but rather a rose pink. So if any of you gals are purists & are looking for great morganite, you might be disappointed in the color. But I love it & was not disappointed. It has very good saturation for a light colored stone. I held it next to my rose gold glad pieces, & it looks fabulous. I love the silver (platinum looking) setting, & I would not have liked this ring as much in a rose gold clad setting. The white metal really sets off the stone & highlights the color. But then again, I prefer a white metal setting w/ ALL colored stones because to my eye, the yellow gold or rose gold detracts from the color of the stone. (Just my preference!) The pave DMQ to the right & left of the stone is magnificent & makes this ring sparkle like crazy. The band has nice texturing. The 4 prongs that hold the stone have tiny DMQ stones that give the setting a little extra subtle punch. All in all, I am CRRRAZY about this ring. Is it worth the price? Probably, if you add up the cost of the elements that compose it, it is not. But I am an emotional buyer who judges "worth" by the amount of excitement & joy a piece brings me & also by the aesthetic value of a piece, & if these are the standards you adhere to, the ring is worth every penny! Subjective, of course, but no second thoughts on this beauty for me!