Super Contributor

CUFF

You know, by now I should know enough to ignore people who respond to threads with negative remarks. But somehow, the several negative remarks on the "Holy Cow" thread hurt my feelings. I was in an obvious place of joy and happiness so why would someone feel it necessary to rain on my parade, so to speak. Yes, to those people, I know it's expensive of which you do not need to remind me; I will pay for it, so its cost does not escape me. Please try to be more sensitive if you are ever tempted to post a negative comment during someone's moment of happiness. Thank you.

REVIEW:

Spectacular, and I am not even a huge fan of black spinel.

I have a small for my 6" wrist and it actually has some wiggle room, which is unusual and not a complaint.

The cuff is weighty, but in a good way.The non gem area, of which it is small, has a unique carved, criss cross pattern. It is carved deeply enough to be able to feel it with your fingers. It is really quite lovely.

The top of the cuff is encrusted with the tiniest BS, kissing and hugging each other. Perched on the top of the cuff are several large gem cabochons in deep saturated color, with the center BT being the largest, and each one having a double different bezel around it. On either side of the tope cabs are six cabs on each side of the cuff, almost to the outer edge, and they have double bezels too. The gems included are BT, citrine, peridot, rhodolite which are repeated throughout.

As previously stated by me, and others, it is an expensive piece of jewelry. Fortunately it was on EP. For the past several years Miss Judie has come out with a new "Aurora" cuff around the time of her anniversary. No "Aurora" was presented this time. I think this might be in place of it, although the BM emerald would stand nicely in its place too. Smiley Happy

At any rate, with all my basic JR jewelry purchased, I am always on the lookout for the unique creation by Miss Judie; I think this may be one of them.

I really love the Confetti Cuff; it has exceeded my expectations.

Frequent Contributor

As per usual, Kappy, a great description! It is just a magnificent piece of jewelry/artwork.

Wear it in good health, please!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
I hope you will post photos! I would love to see them! It's so much fun to get a new piece of jewelry that truly knocks your socks off! Enjoy!!!
Trusted Contributor

This is beautiful, kaplan! Often it is a "splurge" purchase such as yours which is one that I get pleasure from year after year after year. I have never regretted them! I hope you have many years of enjoyment from your beautiful new bracelet. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Perhaps people would have reacted differently if you'd mentioned that you had actually bought and received the cuff. You didn't mention that in your original post, so I know I responded to the cuff as a thing for people to buy, not as something you received and were happy with.

Super Contributor

Many thanks Dead Eye, skyblue and Barbara in Virginia for your kind words. I like the call for good health, DE! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I thought it was spectacular, just couldn't treat myself to it this time. My biggest "treat" these last couple of years was the Wide Pink Opal Aurora Cuff which I do not regret. I NEVER regret any Ripka purchase---love them all. Enjoy!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Congrats and enjoy your lovely purchase! I, like you enjoy the unusual/uniqueness of certail pieces of jewelry..of many artists/talents.

My fave purchase of JR (I only have 5 pieces of hers) is J287776 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Sheesh - I too have the pink opal wide and skinny cuffs and adore them. Thanks.

=======

Susan Louise - J287776 is such a unique piece of jewelry. I imagine it is great fun to "play" with it while wearing. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Kap ~ What a spectacular description! Enjoy your new cuff and wear it in the best of health (and to the naysayers....who's laughin' now?! Let's all go to Kappy's house and raid her jewelry box!!

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G