Honored Contributor

Re: Question (suggestions) please for children's jewelry

@homedecor1

This is from A Wrinkle in Time, if you know the book.

Main Image - Alex and Ani x Disney® 'A Wrinkle in Time' Find Your Place in the Universe Necklace

Honored Contributor

Main Image - Dogeared Friends for Life Necklace

Honored Contributor

JCP has some lockets, many under $75-

Image result for Sterling Silver & 14K Gold over Silver "Love You To The Moon &

Image result for Sterling Silver & 14K Gold over Silver "Love You To The Moon &

Image result for Sterling Silver You Are My Sunshine Heart Locket Pendant

Respected Contributor

Just check etsy for children's jewelry. Lots there.

Honored Contributor

I would also suggest that you get her a nice little jewelry box. I haven't read all the responses so sorry if I'm repeating someone!

It may be she didn't have a secure place for the bangle but mommy dear should have kept it safe for her.

Just an idea. Hope things work out.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions & advice on jewelry for her age😊. I sometimes seem to forget she's only going to be 7 cuz she acts like going on 17😉

After much thought, I've decided Disney & was in Kohls they had some cute "children's" jewelry well within budget (and i have 30% coupon).  

Of course, over the past month I have bought her all new clothes for spring & summer.  She "jumped up"a size ....and of course, new earrings & nice jewelry box to store it all!

Thanks again!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  What a sweet grandma you are and how generous. I hope your granddaughter has a lovely birthday and you enjoy her!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I don't buy much jewelry as I have my "key" pieces spouse gifted me over the years.

My granddaughter is celebrating her 7th bday.  I'm not giving her toys, etc. she is having kids bday party.  She has everything & more she is a only child. 

I think she is at a good age to start wearing jewelry, take care of it & she recently had her ears pierced.  

Here's the scenario:

I had always wanted to gift her a beautiful cross at her baptism (well her mother never allowed her to be baptized 🙄☹️ long story).   So the cross is out she won't allow her to wear it and when she was born I gave her a beautiful gold bangle engraved inside.  Recently, I asked her (gd) when we went to the "grandparents dance" if she would like to wear it.  Sadly, she had no idea what I was talking about!  I inquired with her mother...no idea where it is👿👿👿

I'd been thinking of getting her a nice locket w/our pic inside.  Where do you get the locket pic because the salesperson had no idea.  

If not this, I was thinking a heart w/our birthstones (like a mother's ring idea).   I went to "mall" jewelry store and limited children's jewelry selections or very expensive.  

Others have suggested  a nametag or nameplate necklace necklace.  Of course, I don't think this is a good idea at her age for reasons I'm sure you know.

Any suggestions of stores or online retailer that is "trustworthy".  Also, any ideas other than what I thought of are appreciated.  I don't know any "personal" jewelers here -- and my jeweler up north has retired.  

do you think she is "too young" for good jewelry?

She is very responsible with the costume pieces I've given her and of course, her earrings.

Thank you!!! 

@homedecor1  Yes. As grandma to  9 yr. old and 6 yr. old granddaughters, they have not demonstrated that they are responsible to care for good jewelry. I tried mine w/ a silver tone $10 necklace each. Two weeks later, neither knew where it was and dil didn’t know either. Maybe when they are 13, I’ll try again.