Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question (suggestions) please for children's jewelry

I would prob go for a petite solid sterling heart necklace...

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Amazon, Overstock, and I will keep thinking🙂

I was gifted a cross from my grandparents when I was confirmed. I treasured that piece of jewelry. 

Your GD is blessed with wonderful grandparents also.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

check out origamiowl.com if you want a less expensive price range. i dont think they are silver though, but they have a lot of cute ideas for the charm lockets/living lockets.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45

yes that's it the name! I would see them all over at craft fairs.

thank you!!!!! 

PS: I could only wish my DIL was a "sentimental or loving" person and would appreciate the things I do for my GD but well....i'll leave it at that (I'm sure you get the idea).  

Now, my niece is like the daughter I never had & boy was I blessed with joy, love and a friend in her!  She is my younger sisters daughter and at day one we had a "unbreakable" bond.  She married into a wonderful italian family and her husband is the best a woman could want.  She is truly his "Italian Princess".

(So I'm already planning spoiling her little bambino if they ever have one...)

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Etsy, under $30, customized 334CACA8-471B-442C-AF97-10A80FA8C4C8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I didn’t notice your question. 

Floating charm locket is from Amazon

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

Thats perfect ....she loves my Pandora bracelets.

I always make sure I wear them on my trips up to her house.  I used to have "pink baby shoe charm" on my bracelet but lost it.  She was about 3 and still asks me when I'm going to get a new one to replace it.  (my friend gave to me as a gift when she was born).

What is ETSY??? 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Etsy is an e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items.

I like that this charm bracelet is made for your GD specifically based on your choice of colors, charms etc.

Honored Contributor

7 is much too young for expensive jewelry, with the exception of gold earrings if her ears are pierced.  At that age, my girls had the crosses the received as baptism gifts and stud earrings and small gold hoop earrings.  Gold because they are kids and the earrings stay in all the time.  Sometimes relatives do gives tiny ones like that pieces of jewelry for later in their lives.  For when they enter the pre-teen years and jewelry means something to them and they understand the value of things.  Give a 7 year old a gold or silver bracelet and she's likey to swap it for a candy bracelet.  I have a 5 year old niece and she just loves her Mickey Mouse jewelry.  She keeps her jewelry in a little box and calls it treasures.  She does wear  tiny 14k gold hoops.  I like the idea of building a collection for a little girl but I think 7 is too young.  In our family, we start when the girls are 10 or 11.  By that age, we know who they are as young ladies and what they like and what they don't like.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

What about something like this, since she will be your only DGD? (Comes in three metal choices).